X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Driving!

Folks, don't forget to be extra cautious driving up here during the winter. Last night and this morning we had some Black Ice on Pumpkin Ridge, and this morning we had some Disc Golfers in a ditch with others slipping in the same area, scaring those in the ditch as they slipped towards them. Roads are usually good, but just remain aware that you are coming up in elevation and a lot of the curves, especially ones in the shade all day, can be slick.

Also, if there is snow reports remember to pack chains or traction tires, for the road out of here is north facing and does not thaw out well, even after I plow it.

Be safe and have a Happy Holiday Season!!

Would salt help things out there or just make it all a muddy mess?

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonH View Post
      Would salt help things out there or just make it all a muddy mess?
      Most of the time it is not icy, so usually it's not an issue, but it is something to be aware of at times like this morning.

BTW, salting roads is illegal in Oregon.

Comment

Today is Sunday, January 15th, we do have about an inch of snow with more coming down. Drive safe and prepared!
        Thanks, Bob

Comment

Funny wish I had read this earlier we tried to drive up on Wednesday in a Honda Hyrbid...terrible awful idea that wasn't even mine....had to turn around a miss playing Horning's for the first time...hope the hukkin' is well anyway...I'll come back after the thaw with my VW instead...thanks for the heads up

Comment

It's Friday, and after a dumping of over 2 ft of snow we still have about 8 inches left, so hopefully by tomorrow it will be down to about 4 inches, the way it is melting. Meadow Ridge course weathered it well, big firs and all, Canyon took a hit, especially around the trail/road going from Tee pad 6 to hole 6. Several trees came down there blocking the road (not in the fairway). Did not make it over to hole 5 area, expect more there. All through the Canyon there are limbs down, so clean up is going to take a while. Of what I could see of Highlands that survived fairly well. Would not recommend coming out today, you would loose your discs on every throw yet, Tomorrow should be better, and hopefully Sunday most of it will be gone.

Comment

Almost all of the snow is gone, only traces left in shady spots. We had over two feet of snow, quite a bit. Meadow Ridge is in good condition, just a couple of large branches down in fairway #10. Highlands looks pretty good too, some branches down, a tree down on both hole #9 and near #14. Canyon took the worst of it, lots of branches down, several trees though none in the fairways. Trail from #4 to #5 took a hit, big maple on the trail went down, taking out about 20 ft of trail, leaving only a foot wide path and a 4 ft hole. It's repairable, the area right above it is not super steep so will be able to wide the trail out again.
              As soon as we get some good weather we'll chip all of it, just be aware that there's additional obstacles now.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X