X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cement on Horning's short course

i was wondering if there was ever going to be cement pads put in on the short course?, and if so, would the layout stay the same or be tweaked at all?

I think Bob was planning on it. Personally, I think from a disc golfer's perspective it's unnecessary except on #5 and #6. But it might be good for erosion control.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

we don't need them as long as the others, but sure would be nice, 3 is getting a bit deep
      educate your thinking

Comment

This spring I was planning on several projects, benches and tables through out all courses, places to hang disc golf bags while you're throwing and yes, cement pads for the short course. The short throw course pads would be much smaller, about 3.5 x 5 since there is no run up. Thoughts?

Comment

Yeah, probably not much need for long pads, I think most people probably stand and deliver or just have an abbreviated runup - and BTW you totally ROCK for putting in tees for that course. You've developed hands down the best teepads I've ever thrown from.

'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Glad to hear about the cement going in. I know it's not completely necessary but it is great for the locals like me who get out even in the pouring rain. There is just so much thought into these courses. I want to thank you Mr. Horning for all your hard work and planning. (favorite dg destination)

Comment

Started pouring cement today on the short course. Started with holes 1-3, will do about 3 a day if weather and time permits. They will be much shorter than the other pads since there should be no wind up but a step or two then throw.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks Bob.

Comment

After some input on the three pads we did pour we will be lengthening the pads a bit. Currently they are 3.5' X 5.5', but some folks want one more step, so we will go to 7'.

Comment

My $.02, If you are going thru the effort of adding concrete tee pads, then you might as well make them 4'x8' for short holes. The experienced player will have options and the youth can make a full run-up until their strength and skill get better.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X