X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter at Horning's?

We've got a tentative plan to visit Horning's (and hopefully Stub Stewart & Pier) within the next two weeks. Ain't skeered of rain or cold while playing but would love to have a dry, cabin-like environment for the sleep time. Thus we would like to know of the options for camping as well as how the weather affects course play (all courses). We are rec. players from the Eugene (/Springfield) area and would gladly trade hospitality if that is an option.
    Sorry if this is too bold, but we're on a mission.
    Mike

There are very nice cabins for rent at Stub, not far from the course either. As to conditions; Stub and Hornings could have some snow, both of those courses handle the rain pretty well. Pier when wet, well wear shoes that will keep your feet dry, high-tops. But with the latest cold snap the ground is hard, so it's skipping time. Have a great visit.
    'J'
    educate your thinking

Comment

JMan is right, we both can have snow easily (as we do right now, but only a trace). Stub does have cabins, we do not, so staying there at night would be your warmest bet. Have a Happy New Year!

Comment

I was there on Monday and it was amazing. Snow on the ground, but it was dry and icy. Played two rounds in low top sneaks and my feet stayed dry as a bone.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.
          As I said, our plans were tentative. As it turns out we are going to postpone our trip north until we can actually camp comfortably as we really want our Horning's experience to be as good as it should be. We've decided to yurt-camp at Whistlers 1/12 & 1/13 (also tentative until the reservations are locked) and would love any company. I'll update when things get solidified.

ETA: We're locked for Whistlers 1/12 & 1/13
          Last edited by weaktit; January 10th, 2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

We're locked for Whistler's 1/12 & 1/13
            I hope the showers are working too.
            All are welcome.

Comment

now you're just bragging...enjoy
              educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                now you're just bragging...enjoy
                Damn straight!

Comment

Definitely still winter, been snowing all day while just 400 feet down the paved part of the road from Brunswick it's raining. Being in a canyon the cold air drops down in and we gett the snow from the top of the ridges. Gotta go plow the roads again in a hour. Still snow on the ground from last week, bring good boots for stomping through the snow!

Comment

10 inches of snow out there this morning, going to plow the road again. be aware!

Comment

Well let us know when the snow goes Bob, that way I can come out and see if I can find my Blue Rogue on Canyon #2...
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Well let us know when the snow goes Bob, that way I can come out and see if I can find my Blue Rogue on Canyon #2...
                        Snow is finally about all gone, found your disc today!

Comment

find any of my 15+ ive lost there? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                            Snow is finally about all gone, found your disc today!
                            got a call from Ma, thanks!
                            educate your thinking

Comment

got a call from Ma, thanks!
                              Must be from another disc of yours, I still have the one on #2 in the back of my cart.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X