X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Meadow Ridge still closed?

My Nephew and I tried to play Meadow Ridge last weekend. There were several tents and a large teepee on the 16th fairway, right in front of the teepad. We decided to play the from the other side of the field (Near the basket for 15), but after our second shot (we were well past the tents at this point) a woman approached us, explained that they were filming a TV show, and asked us to leave. There was no sign of filming at all while we were there. I've spoken to other people who tried to play the course around the same time and were turned away by film personnel at the course.

The frustrating piece of this story is that when we drove onto the property we were met by someone and asked to pay. I had noticed a bunch of cars parked up on the field on the Canyon course. I asked if some of the holes were unplayable and was told, "No, all three courses are completely open and playable". After we were kicked off of the Meadow Ridge course we found hole 17 on the Canyon course to be unplayable as well.

Does anyone know how long this filming will be taking place and when all three courses will be playable again?

It is Done now. It was Comcast Sports Net that was out there. The next great adventure host thing. They did not want people to know how things turned out early so you will watch the show.

Hippy007

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    My Nephew and I tried to play Meadow Ridge last weekend. There were several tents and a large teepee on the 16th fairway, right in front of the teepad. We decided to play the from the other side of the field (Near the basket for 15), but after our second shot (we were well past the tents at this point) a woman approached us, explained that they were filming a TV show, and asked us to leave. There was no sign of filming at all while we were there. I've spoken to other people who tried to play the course around the same time and were turned away by film personnel at the course.

The frustrating piece of this story is that when we drove onto the property we were met by someone and asked to pay. I had noticed a bunch of cars parked up on the field on the Canyon course. I asked if some of the holes were unplayable and was told, "No, all three courses are completely open and playable". After we were kicked off of the Meadow Ridge course we found hole 17 on the Canyon course to be unplayable as well.

Does anyone know how long this filming will be taking place and when all three courses will be playable again?

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
      It is Done now. It was Comcast Sports Net that was out there. The next great adventure host thing. They did not want people to know how things turned out early so you will watch the show.

Hippy007
      So I gathered. I just wish this information would have been communicated before we got there. Or at least when we paid.

Comment

So I gathered. I just wish this information would have been communicated before we got there. Or at least when we paid.
        Well what I gathered from talking to the Ricky and Bob that they did not know where and what most of the stuff was going to be on which day. It sucked but on an up side he now get some adds after blazer games. you know that you can always call the day ahead of time or write Bob a email and ask if the courses that you want to play will have anything in the way.

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
          you know that you can always call the day ahead of time or write Bob a email and ask if the courses that you want to play will have anything in the way.
          Obviously emailing Bob the day ahead would not have mattered in this case. The people taking money at the gate the day of were oblivious to the film crew, so I don't think Bob could have gave them a heads up.
          Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by mrDROCK View Post
            Obviously emailing Bob the day ahead would not have mattered in this case. The people taking money at the gate the day of were oblivious to the film crew, so I don't think Bob could have gave them a heads up.
            But by call or writing ahead of time you would have know that they where out there and might be taking up courses.

The guys working the gate usually know nothing if what is happening out on the site for the day. I didn't one of the days I did it. You are just there to collect the money. The sign at the road split tells you some but I guess not enough. I will talk to Bob about making a sign that says which courses are open for the front gate section.

Hippy007

Comment

Side question. I want to go Sunday the 26th. Will any of the courses be affected? Was hoping to play all 3

Comment

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
                Side question. I want to go Sunday the 26th. Will any of the courses be affected? Was hoping to play all 3
                Not that I know of. As far as I know there is nothing out there affection the courses on Sun you should be good.

Hippy007

Comment

damn you caught my grammar.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
                    damn you caught my grammar.
                    KevinW the grammer say you were correct in using affected in this instance.

affected (adj) - acted upon or influenced by somebody or something
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                      the grammer
                      Handy reference guide:

GRAMMAR

GRAMMER
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        Handy reference guide:

GRAMMAR

GRAMMER
                        oops looks like the Spelling caught me again
                        Throw What You Know.
                        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

A bunch of ball busters haha

Comment

Sorry Scott, they were not filming during the weekend, they should have let you play through, that was the agreement. Somebody took it on themselves to stop you.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X