Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warrior Dash

http://warriordash.com/register2010_northwest.php

How many disc golfers are gonna participate? I am gonna give it a go.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

hahahaha!!! i excel at disc golf definitely because of the lack of running involved... but good for you... i know a buddy from grade school who's gonna go for it...

peace,
    em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

its only 3 miles not a big deal, and the obstacles dont look that tough. But, looking at the map, and knowing the property, the elevation, up and down those hills, its gonna be a killer for sure. Giving up my smoking to train for this, so even if I dont finish the race, at least i will finish smoking

Comment

... i haven't smoked in over 2 1/2 years and there is not a day goes by that i don't dream fondly of a cigarette and how awesome it would feel to smoke again... i know it's the right choice to not do it, but it's never gotten any easier for me (it's easier now than the first couple months, but after that it sort of has plateaued)... i know this sounds like a cruel thing to say as you start on the journey of not smoking, but it was actually a good reality check for me when one of my coffee shop customers shared that he stopped smoking ten years prior and still thought about it every day... it was like, "okay, this is what i have to deal with for the rest of my life... ready... go!" good on ya, man... it ain't easy... but it's the right thing to do...

peace,
        em

Comment

Let's turn this into a stop smoking support thread. My wife and I stopped on April 1, 2009. I was oddly tempted when a guy on my card found a pack of smokes last weekend at Whistler's Bend. Luckily, he said, "I will throw them out because that is how much I hate cigarettes", and I kept my mouth shut (should have done that in the first place, would not have started smoking), and resisted the temptation.
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

... i wish it were for me like it is for my mom now that she doesn't smoke... she can't handle the smell, if she takes a drag it makes her sick... me? i will follow smokers around pathetically breathing in their second hand smoke, that is how much it still appeals to me... and if someone doesn't know enough and lets me bum a smoke, oh it is such heaven... but then i just picture my darling neice annabel with a cigarette hanging out of her mouth and i remember exactly why i don't smoke these days...

peace,
            em

p.s. november 7th, 2007
            Last edited by emmarose; July 20th, 2010, 01:01 PM. Reason: ... the years all just blur together... '08, '07... i don't know...

Comment

I don't know the exact date that I quit, but I think it was in June some time last year. I'd tried quitting plenty of times before, but always came back one way or another (like most smokers do). This last time though has stuck, haven't had so much as a drag. Before it was like what Em described, where I still had cravings all the time but had to will myself not to. Now, I don't have any desire to smoke at all. Every now and then when I get particularly stressed or depressed, I'll think I want one, but when I think about the actual taste and the smell on my clothes and fingers, it's nauseating.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
                I don't know the exact date that I quit, but I think it was in June some time last year. I'd tried quitting plenty of times before, but always came back one way or another (like most smokers do). This last time though has stuck, haven't had so much as a drag. Before it was like what Em described, where I still had cravings all the time but had to will myself not to. Now, I don't have any desire to smoke at all. Every now and then when I get particularly stressed or depressed, I'll think I want one, but when I think about the actual taste and the smell on my clothes and fingers, it's nauseating.
                ... the smell of the cuffs of my university of alabama sweatshirt after i would sit on the porch talking on the phone and chainsmoking... ewwwww... that is another thing i can think about and remember why i'm not smoking...

peace,
                em

Comment

August 1, 2007. August 3, 2007 for my wife. She caved at a friends party after two days. That is what helped me a great deal, if I caved she would be ahead of me and I couldn't have that!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                    http://warriordash.com/register2010_northwest.php

How many disc golfers are gonna participate? I am gonna give it a go.
                    That looks insane...insanely fun that is!

Comment

I am now officialy registered. Sun Sept 11th 1:00 start time. I am surely hoping this race makes me change my lifestyles

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Hemmerling View Post
                        That looks insane...insanely fun that is!
                        Larson and I are in at 2:00 on Sunday. Are you a warrior?

Comment

I am at 1 or 2 PM on Sunday, I cant remember. havent gotten a confirmation email yet

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X