X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scott View Post
    The swamp cannot be played as OB because it is not clearly defined.

Also, for purposes of a tournament, an area is only OB if the tournament director clearly states beforehand that it is.
    Scott's right, it is only marked as a swamp to warn folks of it, not to mark it out of bounds. During tournaments it is up to the TDs to make it out of bounds or not.

As far as making it an incentive to stay out of it by marking it out of bounds, I don't think folks purposefully throw into it to begin with, more of trying to make it across and failing at it.

Comment

Bob thanks for the reply, now I know the swamp is inbounds, Thanks.

I realize that people land in swamp because they are going for the pin.

However if the swamp was designated as OB it would change the hole as far as approaches go. I just asked the question mostly because of the little orange flags that were out in the swamp.

Thanks for sharing your property with us Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
        Bob thanks for the reply, now I know the swamp is inbounds, Thanks.

I realize that people land in swamp because they are going for the pin.

However if the swamp was designated as OB it would change the hole as far as approaches go. I just asked the question mostly because of the little orange flags that were out in the swamp.

Thanks for sharing your property with us Bob.
        The Flags where put out there so when you landed in said swap you would have something to tell you where you landed. In one spot the swamp can get a couple feet deep at high water times. Before the flags people would walk all over trying to find the disc out there. Telling where you land that far away is hard for many people with out the flags.

Hippy007

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
        Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X