X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time visit.

So I made the drive out their finally today (3-9). I had a really good time, the weather was fair. (sunny then a random hail storm to sunny)

Went with 2 others and played the canyon course then played meadow ridge. This is easily one of my favorite courses that ive played in since I began playing disc. But I was confused on some little things that really turned me off. To start with those outhouses need some TLC and all of the trash cans were overflowing. I was torn into either littering aka leaning my trash on the cans in the course or just packing it out. Ended up just packing our trash back to Tee 1 on canyon trash cans.

Maybe I just came at the wrong time of the season. But I had a blast and the 2 hour drive was worth it for the course. And I learned a valuable lesson about the steep drop off warning on 5 is it. On canyon ridge course where you throw down and to the right a little bit. Spent a solid 40 minutes looking for a lost disc... haha

But nice course and ill be back in the following weeks.

V/R

KevinW

p.s finished +1 canyon and +5 Meadow.. Hole 16 on meadow kicked my butt.

Originally posted by KevinW View Post
    So I made the drive out their finally today (3-9). I had a really good time, the weather was fair. (sunny then a random hail storm to sunny)

Went with 2 others and played the canyon course then played meadow ridge. This is easily one of my favorite courses that ive played in since I began playing disc. But I was confused on some little things that really turned me off. To start with those outhouses need some TLC and all of the trash cans were overflowing. I was torn into either littering aka leaning my trash on the cans in the course or just packing it out. Ended up just packing our trash back to Tee 1 on canyon trash cans.

Maybe I just came at the wrong time of the season. But I had a blast and the 2 hour drive was worth it for the course. And I learned a valuable lesson about the steep drop off warning on 5 is it. On canyon ridge course where you throw down and to the right a little bit. Spent a solid 40 minutes looking for a lost disc... haha

V/R

KevinW

never use the port a potties... find a fern... it's part of the rustic charm...
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Thank you for packing it out and not leaving your garbage on the ground, glad you had a good time.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

yes... those potties almost made me puke and I did just use the trees. But was worried id get yelled at to be honest.

Comment

yes... those potties almost made me puke and I did just use the trees. But was worried id get yelled at to be honest.
          ... last time i attempted using one i ended crying from the fumes and peeing down the back of my legs... i've decided i no longer care if someone sees my bare booty hanging out from behind a fern... i will never use a port a pottie again...

... ain't nobody gonna yell at you for peein' free in the breeze out at horning's... 'cept maybe ma horning if you weren't bein' discreet, but i'd hope you have the good sense not to tinkle in front of a lady... hehe.

as far as the garbage goes... i know bob is aware of it being an area that needs work, but we can all really help by realizing this is the off season and his garbage/recycling crew is not in full force right now. i think pack it in, pack it out is the way to go as far as doing our part to help out the horning's family and to keep their amazing courses pristinely beautiful... takes a village to maintain a golf course!

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose

Comment

If you brought the garbage in, you can bring it out again. If it's gonna be sticky (chocolate wrapper, apple core, soda can, etc.), bring a garbage bag. I don't understand why this is difficult for some people.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              If you brought the garbage in, you can bring it out again. If it's gonna be sticky (chocolate wrapper, apple core, soda can, etc.), bring a garbage bag. I don't understand why this is difficult for some people.
              same concept as the jerks who don't think cigarette butts count as littering... depends on how you were raised, i think. my parents met while teaching outdoorschool, so these concepts are ingrained in my genetic makeup... i had people over to my house one time that i had to explain to them why they couldn't throw their bottle caps in my front yard, please use the ashtrays on the porch, and no, you can't put cans in the firepit... inexplicable ways to us good hippies...

peace,
              em
              Last edited by emmarose; March 9th, 2010, 03:08 PM.

Comment

My family was all very conservative Mormons and I was always taught to leave the camp grounds/hunting grounds cleaner then when you found it so it's not just a hippie thing ... it's more of a respect thing and some people have more then others.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                  My family was all very conservative Mormons and I was always taught to leave the camp grounds/hunting grounds cleaner then when you found it so it's not just a hippie thing ... it's more of a respect thing and some people have more then others.
                  true dat.

Comment

V/R

KevinW

Hi Kevin, So Sorry about the trash cans and porta potties. last week was a very busy week for me and I also had a weekend conference to go to. On Saturday evening I remembered that I forgot to do my rounds or to call my son to come up and do them. Normally we have a handle on them, so again, sorry.

Thanks, Bob

Comment

That's odd, I always suspected that a guy that gets directed to 3 gold tablets with 5 new commandments from God himself and then can't find them might have been smoking a little something...

I mean, c'mon would you forget where you buried a gold tablet from God?

All the Mormons I've met have been pretty neat, but if they were all like Joseph Smith, we'd be up to out a$$e$ in gold tablets!

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post

Comment

hehehe.

God never lends me anything anymore, 'cause i can never remember where i put it...

Comment

Oh I understand it's the off season. I for sure will be back soon to hopefully get there early enough to play all 3. The courses are great and see ya on the flip.

Kevin

Comment

Beautiful course. It truly is a disc golfer's playground. Most of my DG experience has been at Willamate Park, Adair Park, COCC and Pier Park. Hornings is comparable in the awesomeness factor and offers much for folks who love the game. Thanks Hornings! You've got a lifer. I'll always put my $3 in the bucket for all your hard work out there!

Comment

^^^^^
                              if you're going to be there a lot just go with the yearly pass, cause it looks so good on the bag. Hey we did a glo round on Meadow Ridge Sat. night...wild
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X