Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogs & dogs digging at Horning's

Hey all,

While dogs have been welcome here, the holes out in the fairways, fields and woods from dogs digging are starting to be a little bit much. These can be dangerous, especially since these area are also camping areas during concerts where people will be walking at night.

Please restrain the dogs, for if this continues then they will have to either remain on leashes at all times or not welcome.

If they do dig when you're not looking, at least be responsible and fill the hole back in.

Thanks so much for your understanding.

it can be really dangerous... we had a bad digging neighbor dog on our little home course and even tho she passed away two years ago, her legacy still remains in the ankle twisting trenches she left across all of our fields and pastures... and in fact, i think one of her trenches was responsible for my mother falling and breaking her shoulder while simply walking along and spotting for us... keep your diggin' dogs leashed up, indeed!

peace,
    em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Milo, Rooster and Pier are all suffering the same thing.

I find it amazing that people need to be told to clean up after their pets.

The worst ones are the people that know their pet is pooping somewhere but pretend not to notice.

Absolutely priceless.

Comment

My little hunters are guilty for some of this, (digging) and I will curb it in future.
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
          Milo, Rooster and Pier are all suffering the same thing.

I find it amazing that people need to be told to clean up after their pets.

The worst ones are the people that know their pet is pooping somewhere but pretend not to notice.

Absolutely priceless.
          What I don't understand is why people are letting their dogs off leash at Pier. I was under the impression that they are to be on leash at all times.

One funny situation I saw at Pier a couple weeks back was a guy who had brought his dog and it kept retrieving his discs when he threw them. He could do nothing through verbal commands to control his dog. I just thought, "Why bring the dog? Or at least put the leash on and have your partner hold the dog while you throw."
          Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            My little hunters are guilty for some of this, (digging) and I will curb it in future.
            good dog owner, jman! you get a biscuit! and by biscuit, i mean beer...

Comment

Naw, I'll take the biscuit, I don't drink alcohol. Elanor and Pippin love to go after moles, El even got one, but no worries, they will curb it on command, and any holes will be filled.
              educate your thinking

Comment

Now if we can just figure out whose moles those are digging up the fairways...

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                  Naw, I'll take the biscuit, I don't drink alcohol. Elanor and Pippin love to go after moles, El even got one, but no worries, they will curb it on command, and any holes will be filled.
                  ... that was part of the problem on our course with the neighbor dog... sometimes she'd actually get a gopher and so were like, good dog, millie... but usually it was just manic trench digging for naught... and i mean manic... she'd get herself halfway buried in the mud up to her haunches, and she was no little thing, she was a long lanky golden...

... and i don't often pack biscuits, but i am packin' girl scout cookies these days... so if you like samoas, i'll hook you up

peace,
                  em

Comment

Moles!
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X