A few more trees thinned out on Meadow Ridge, New tee signs for Highland Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • A few more trees thinned out on Meadow Ridge, New tee signs for Highland

    Recent trees: one on hole 1, one on hole 3, two on hole 8, three small ones on hole 9, one on hole 12, and one on hole 11. Also trimmed up branches on hole 17 and 18. These trees were recommended by a group of pros that has been playing here for while. Hole 9 plays differently, for I limbed up about 20 ft of limbs, so now it's a very tight against the trees hard right turn. We'll now play this for a while to see how it plays.

    Highland course now has the good tee pad signs, so now all courses have professional signage up.

    later

  • #2
    Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
    Recent trees: one on hole 1
    Which one? Dare I hope it was the one right in the middle?
    Oregon disc golf map

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      Which one? Dare I hope it was the one right in the middle?
      Of course! When I first made the course there were several trees that were questionable, so I left them up, since it is easier to take them out than to stand one back up. As the course has been played the trees that were suspect to begin with did prove to be culprits in unduly stopping a fair throw, so the sentence of removal was carried out

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh crap, I was thinking of #2, not #1. I think I just repress all memory of #1.

        This is the tree on #2 that I want to see die:
        Oregon disc golf map

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          Oh crap, I was thinking of #2, not #1. I think I just repress all memory of #1.

          This is the tree on #2 that I want to see die:
          Strange, no one else has mentioned that tree , it must have just your name on it!

          Comment


          • #6
            It's right straight down the middle! It's a disc magnet!
            Oregon disc golf map

            Comment


            • #7
              I actually think that's one of the best holes on the course, as is. Forcing a turn over, lefty hyzer, or forehand for a righty up the left gap makes the hole pretty amazing. Also the gap that is there...is plenty fair.

              Comment


              • #8
                that tree hates me also.....my beast has prolly put at least 2 yellow marks on it lol

                Comment


                • #9
                  Just throw around that tree, my goodness.
                  Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                  ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                    Just throw around that tree, my goodness.
                    The problem is that the basket is pretty far to the right. The best drive would be a strong turnover shot straight up the middle... right where that tree is. If you throw right of the tree, there's other trouble, and left of the tree means you might not get enough turnover to get there.
                    Oregon disc golf map

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Only knowing that hole from the picture above, it seems like taking that tree out would make the fairway "too" open and a lot less interesting.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        well not even being close to a pro or even a consistant player i can get it around the tree lol we know you like giving tree love

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I've played that hole twice now and a roller seems like the best throw there. That hole isn't that hard, there is no need to thin the fairway.
                          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

                          ~ Cyndi Lauper ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Bob,

                            Glad to hear you cleared out a couple holes. I played the course with Mike Phillips a couple weeks ago. I thought the course was really fun. I'll have to make it out there sometime soon again. Maybe this coming Friday.

                            Have you given any thought to Mike's number scrable? I can't remember the specifics, but it was a suggestion to renumber a couple holes there in the middle to help with flow and reduce crossovers. When Mike explained it to me it sounded like a good idea.

                            Thanks,
                            Sean

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                              Bob,

                              Glad to hear you cleared out a couple holes. I played the course with Mike Phillips a couple weeks ago. I thought the course was really fun. I'll have to make it out there sometime soon again. Maybe this coming Friday.

                              Have you given any thought to Mike's number scrable? I can't remember the specifics, but it was a suggestion to renumber a couple holes there in the middle to help with flow and reduce crossovers. When Mike explained it to me it sounded like a good idea.

                              Thanks,
                              Sean
                              Nothing like a number scramble was mentioned to me, and not sure how that could work out?

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X