Walk-through the MR course to look at taking a few more trees out. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walk-through the MR course to look at taking a few more trees out.

Tomorrow at 10 AM a few of us are going to be walking the course to look at some final thinning. In mind is about 4-5 trees, and some other minor stuff. We will not be removing them at this time, but marking them and then seeing how it will play on Sunday, and then make the final decision.

If you are interested in joining us, show up!

I don't think I can make it out tomorrow, but I told you my thoughts on the wall of trees below the #14 tee.

And I sure wouldn't miss that small tree that's smack in the middle of the #2 flight path...
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I think it would be a shame to change too much of hole 14. I love the way it plays now, there are so many options for you to try and get a disc through there and into the field, maybe if ONE tree was taken out of there it would be ok but that would be almost too many, I love that hole!
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I think #14 just involves too much luck now. Bob had mentioned at least thinning the branches to give a little more airspace.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
          I think it would be a shame to change too much of hole 14. I love the way it plays now, there are so many options for you to try and get a disc through there and into the field, maybe if ONE tree was taken out of there it would be ok but that would be almost too many, I love that hole!
          I really can't take any trees out on that hole (I did take some small ones out and limb it up more Adam), for if I took the wall out as you all it would change it to a very weak par 4, possibly a par 3, for someone with an arm could then throw it almost to the hole (considering the drop there). The trees force the throw down, and depending on where you land you could set yourself up for a nice birdy.

Comment

OK a little trimming I can deal with, give you a couple more options. I like rollers off the tee there.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Just played MR for the first time today. WOW... what a course!!!!

I would not cut down a single tree!!

Let the course develop.

The lines are there to be had and cutting down more wood to make a few people happy would be a shame.

Nice work Bob and crew.

Comment

How did this go? Was anything decided?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  How did this go? Was anything decided?
                  On hole 1 I did fall a tree on the day before the tournament, the one that was dead center at the end of the fairway, and trimmed up the limbs on hole #9 so the throw can be closer to the tree line so folks would not throw too hard and land on #10 fairway. Also limbed up #14s fairway to the field below. This was all done before the tournament on the 24th.

I do have a single tree to take down on #11, makes it a more fair fairway, and on hole #8 there are two trees at the bottom of the fairway that should go. Currently the fairway on the right side just sort of stops, this would define it better.

A lot of these changes are so that when someone has a great, accurate throw they are rewarded with a good fairway to travel through. Only on the most accurate throws will anyone notice a difference on the course, which is what it was designed for.

later

Comment

#14 on MR has a couple great little holes carved out under the limb line, now plays awesome.

Place looks great, Bob. Looking forward to this summer!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X