Getting to Horning's Hideout (don't trust your GPS's routing function) Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting to Horning's Hideout (don't trust your GPS's routing function)

Oh Bob, we signed the paper for people traveling from farther than 50 miles for you before we left, I didn't know about this before otherwise I would of signed it the past couple times I've been down there. FYI for everyone, take highway 26 over from Portland if coming from Washington, don't let your friends use GPS, because it takes you across logging roads and eventually across guys decked out in camo with rifles, seriously we came across hunters that were busting a gut that we were out there, our 4 hour drive became a 6 hour drive, lol.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

There IS a "back way" you can take that uses paved roads -- you turn off of Hwy. 30 onto Rocky Point Road just south of Scappoose -- but it still takes longer than Hwy 26!

(The Rocky Point Road route would be a viable option if you were trying to include Trojan in the itinerary.)
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
      Oh Bob, we signed the paper for people traveling from farther than 50 miles for you before we left, I didn't know about this before otherwise I would of signed it the past couple times I've been down there. FYI for everyone, take highway 26 over from Portland if coming from Washington, don't let your friends use GPS, because it takes you across logging roads and eventually across guys decked out in camo with rifles, seriously we came across hunters that were busting a gut that we were out there, our 4 hour drive became a 6 hour drive, lol.
      I've tried to deal with and change the gps and google maps, it's an uphill battle. It happens to folks coming to weddings and everything else here.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
        I've tried to deal with and change the gps and google maps, it's an uphill battle. It happens to folks coming to weddings and everything else here.
        It looks like Google Maps finally listened to you -- if it was you that complained -- and Brunswick Canyon Road now ends on your property. (Oddly, though, they also straightened out the switchbacks into the canyon.)

The GPS problem will be much harder to rectify.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It was all worth it, I was telling guys on the way up "it's the best destination in Oregon" and they weren't believing me and then about five holes in to the Canyon course everyone agreed with me, hehe.

We went by Trojan and then Scappose, that's where the GPS said we should go and then it took us to the wrong side of Horning's, way off course to a road with a blocked gate, that's where we met the hunters telling us we were way off, so we went down I think it was Rocky Mountain Road or something like that until we hit pavement and then took a right, and then we took a bunch of turns and a half hour later we were there. hehe
          Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X