Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be much simpler if people just didn't drink on the course, you don't need to drink beer to have a good time, but I'm the @$$hole when I say things like that according to most people.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I just don't understand why they could carry IN full beer cans/bottles and can't carry OUT empties.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

There is no answer to this - I find more Pabst cans than anything else with those camo miller cans running a close second, followed by inversion.

I actually got a co-worker into the game and was astonished that this seemingly normal, ex-mormon, eagle scout, would take his empties and 'hide' them on the course. when we called him on it he copped an attitude like he was somehow entitled to drop his bottles wherever he liked.

He's no longer a friend and has given up disc golf as far as I can tell.

Some people are just plain douchebags.

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
        I just don't understand why they could carry IN full beer cans/bottles and can't carry OUT empties.

Comment

I knew a guy who moved rather than clean his house, some folks don't mind living among their own shit.
          educate your thinking

Comment

You will usually see me with a can of pbr when I'm on the course. The reason I choose cans is because I can crush them and put them back in my bag without them taking up so much room. I lose my nickel but can still recycle them. Bottles are heavy and clink around too much.

I was brought up with the "pack it in, pack it out" mentality. I've been thinking lately though, if a course has recycle bins, should I use those instead of packing out? Does the money from the containers go back to the course?

Comment

I really can't understand litter, especially at a place like Horning's Hideout.

1. There are recycle bins and trash bins all over the place, it's not too far to walk to take care of your bottles/cans/garbage.

2. It's so beautiful and people have put forth so much effort into the course that I couldn't imagine wanting to make the place messy.

3. Only disc golfers are to blame, there are no users but us, so any litter falls on us. It's not like at a park course where other people might have littered and we could blame it on them.

4. It makes more work for people that have to clean up after your mess.

Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

There could be a trash can on every single hole and it still wouldn't make that "Guy" dispose of his cans. It's people like the ones on this forum that will have to continue to pick up after the pigs that we play behind.

I will continue to , as long as I live... and wish many aces for the others that
                continue to do so.

Peace and Aces

Comment

Exactly - if they were playing a round inside a trashcan, they'd manage to throw the cans OUT of it.

On a brighter note, I threw 54 holes out there today and saw little if any litter and had a great time.

Although being +1 after the little and twice through the middle course isn't exactly a stellar performance. Just another beautiful day in a beautiful place...

Originally posted by Chopper View Post
                  There could be a trash can on every single hole and it still wouldn't make that "Guy" dispose of his cans. It's people like the ones on this forum that will have to continue to pick up after the pigs that we play behind.

I will continue to , as long as I live... and wish many aces for the others that
                  continue to do so.

Peace and Aces

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X