Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JMan View Post
    ^^^
    Agreed, and I don't even drink. I was thinking about starting a rumor that it was Stu Hicks
    Your rumor won't stick...Stu only drinks good high quality beer. NOT BUD

Comment

^^^
      Agreed, and I don't even drink. I was thinking about starting a rumor that it was Stu Hicks
      Nobody that has ever met Stu would believe you for a second.

Pretty funny, though.

Comment

And he doesn't litter
        educate your thinking

Comment

more cans would help some.

I noticed it too. I think a few more cans out would help some. There needs to be one somewhere between hole 1-9.

Hippy007

Comment

Well when you are at T #4 you can just head down the hill on 13. Time to start playing "Bob carries the bag" rounds, and being will to say something to folks when you see it on the course.
            educate your thinking

Comment

Well when you are at T #4 you can just head down the hill on 13. Time to start playing "Bob carries the bag" rounds, and being will to say something to folks when you see it on the course.
              Yes you could but on the Canyon course which is much shorter there are 5 places to put your cans but on the meadow ridge course there is only 3. I would say that you can pic stuff up but more places to put it would not hurt and would help. right now they are 1, 9, and 13. I would add one to 3 and 16 which would give you a good spread on the course.

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                Yes you could but on the Canyon course which is much shorter there are 5 places to put your cans but on the meadow ridge course there is only 3. I would say that you can pic stuff up but more places to put it would not hurt and would help. right now they are 1, 9, and 13. I would add one to 3 and 16 which would give you a good spread on the course.

Hippy007
                That might help, but puts pressure on Bob to go around and empty the cans. The fact is, it would probably not help unless the lowlifes just happened to finish their beer while standing next to a can. The whole littering thing blows my mind. You brought the can onto the course in your bag - why can't you take it out the same way?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  That might help, but puts pressure on Bob to go around and empty the cans. The fact is, it would probably not help unless the lowlifes just happened to finish their beer while standing next to a can. The whole littering thing blows my mind. You brought the can onto the course in your bag - why can't you take it out the same way?
                  But it is not just Bob that helps clean the cans. They are a few others that though out the year go around when we are out there and help clean the cans. More in the summer when there is at least one of the Crew out there most of the time. I am one of the people that does this though out the year.

I know for me is usally bring more drinks then my bag will hold for the new course. I then end up carrying them till hole 9 if I don't finish them by the time I get to 1. It would be nice not to have to carry them so long and have a place before 9 that was on the way. I don't like walking across the farways and down the hill to 13 cause there are enough hills already on the course.

Hippy007

Comment

I'm just waiting to see someone litter... I'll read 'em the riot act... totally bust out my super disappointed Teacher Emma voice and tell them they're making bad choices and maybe need to take some time in the quiet area to chill out until they're ready to make good choices and take care of the golf course... ha! Somehow I don't think it would be quite so effective with bud drinkers as two year olds...
                    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                      But it is not just Bob that helps clean the cans. They are a few others that though out the year go around when we are out there and help clean the cans. More in the summer when there is at least one of the Crew out there most of the time. I am one of the people that does this though out the year.

I know for me is usally bring more drinks then my bag will hold for the new course. I then end up carrying them till hole 9 if I don't finish them by the time I get to 1. It would be nice not to have to carry them so long and have a place before 9 that was on the way. I don't like walking across the farways and down the hill to 13 cause there are enough hills already on the course.

Hippy007
                      No good, dirty, lazy freaking hippies...

Comment

It's not the hippies anymore than it's the rednecks. And yea oh whaaa... too many hills...(jk) Like I said, if folks want to live in steeped in garbage away from Horning's, fine. But we're guests on another man's property, 3 bucks a day gives us the right to play DG not treat it like shit. I know it's not you Hip, it's the level of disrespect that people consider socially acceptable that gets me going.

Peace
                        educate your thinking

Comment

It's not the hippies anymore than it's the rednecks. And yea oh whaaa... too many hills...(jk) Like I said, if folks want to live in steeped in garbage away from Horning's, fine. But we're guests on another man's property, 3 bucks a day gives us the right to play DG not treat it like shit. I know it's not you Hip, it's the level of disrespect that people consider socially acceptable that gets me going.

Peace
                          I am totally with you there. It sucks to come up and find a pile of cans. 1 day found a whole 12 pack on the canyon course and the box was on 12 and a huge pile on 14 by the tee pad with a can like 20 feet away. We had so many cans that day. Also why do they throw them in the bushes.

Hippy007

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                            No good, dirty, lazy freaking hippies...
                            I's just playin'... I'm the dirtiest hippy of them all...

Comment

Rice beer = low self esteem

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                              Perhaps equally offensive as the littering is the tarnishing of a great course with such an awful excuse for beer.
                              Bud and most corporate beers use rice as a base grain to cut costs. A player on Juel course in Redmond, WA, was ready to throw from T-1 and noticed some empty Bud cans and stopped and picked them up and started marching them to the nearest trash can, he was muttering loudly enough so that I could hear him. He was saying it figures the guys who drink the crap beer also are inclined to litter. Good beer drinkers are more concientious, they care more about their beer, about supporting their local brewery and care more about the environment and have respect for other people.

If only my discs would go where I want them to instead of where I throw 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Choco View Post
                                Bud and most corporate beers use rice as a base grain to cut costs. A player on Juel course in Redmond, WA, was ready to throw from T-1 and noticed some empty Bud cans and stopped and picked them up and started marching them to the nearest trash can, he was muttering loudly enough so that I could hear him. He was saying it figures the guys who drink the crap beer also are inclined to litter. Good beer drinkers are more concientious, they care more about their beer, about supporting their local brewery and care more about the environment and have respect for other people.

That's seems like a logical leap of faith to me. I find plenty of "good" beer empties on the course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X