X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad form

I was on Meadow Ridge on Sunday and was disappointed that some Bud drinkers couldn't seem to locate the numerous opportunities to USE the recycling barrels. Green footprint aside, cause if'in you want to live in garbage fine, but come on folks pick up after yourselves. Not to mention bad form, it's just plain disrespectful to Bob, knock it off! please.
    educate your thinking

I can't stand litter on a course as it is, but on private property...well, that's literally straight up trashy behavior.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Somehow I doubt the Bud-drinking litterers are regulars on this forum.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I was there on Sunday and noticed this as well, I couldn't dispose of all of that stuff myself as the other guys I went down there with were in a hurry to play as much as possible. I find it sad, especially looking at how awesome and beautiful Horning's is that someone would actually litter there.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Thanks for this post Jay, I've been busy upgrading the baskets on the Canyon course and have not been through the Meadow for a bit. I'll make a swing through there this week and clean it up. You're right, it's very frustrating, trying to provide and then folks not using the garbage cans just because they don't want to carry a can that they already have been carrying any farther. Thanks for picking up what you did, I appreciate it.

Comment

What's your littering policy, Bob? Are they 86'd if you catch them?
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I started playing with a dude recently who always always picks up any litter he sees... it inspired me to do the same. I know it's not our garbage and I sure wish people would pull their heads out of their butts and knock it off, but somehow I just don't think that's going to happen... so, all of us who don't have our heads up out butts and who give two sh*ts about what Bob has done for us, lets all work together to keep the place clean and pretty... why else do we haul around those huge bags on our backs anyway, right?

peace threw disc golf,
              emmarose
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Emma, I try to get all of the big stuff I see no matter where I play. Here at Terrace Creek, we have cleaned up our park in a huge way, it used to be such a dump with litter and vandalism evident everywhere but it's getting much better, so remember even one or a couple of people CAN make a huge difference.
                Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  What's your littering policy, Bob? Are they 86'd if you catch them?
                  Actually yes, but I've played around with making them eat it too. Tough to catch them, just like thieves, they don't do it when you're looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                    Actually yes, but I've played around with making them eat it too.
                    YES!

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      I was on Meadow Ridge on Sunday and was disappointed that some Bud drinkers couldn't seem to locate the numerous opportunities to USE the recycling barrels. Green footprint aside, cause if'in you want to live in garbage fine, but come on folks pick up after yourselves. Not to mention bad form, it's just plain disrespectful to Bob, knock it off! please.
                      Picked up a 24 ounce bud can on the canyon as well. I wonder if it the same people.
                      Current World Rank: 2857th
                      Lowest Rated Round: 777
                      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                        I couldn't agree with you more Emma, I try to get all of the big stuff I see no matter where I play. Here at Terrace Creek, we have cleaned up our park in a huge way, it used to be such a dump with litter and vandalism evident everywhere but it's getting much better, so remember even one or a couple of people CAN make a huge difference.
                        Just like the story of the guy picking starfish up off the beach after a huge storm and tossing them back in the water... there are millions of starfish scattered along the beach, he can't possibly save them all, so does it really matter I ask him... he picks up a small starfish and holds it close to my face... "It matters to this one," he says and tosses it back into the waves...
                        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Every time I buy beer at a convenience store they insist on giving it to me in a bag (plastic, no less...) While I find that intrinsically offensive, I also hate the litter on the courses.

So I take the bags and throw them down in the drink pockets of my bag and every time I walk up on one of these messes, I pick it up.

Kinda pisses me off though, I was through the Meadows and the little course on Saturday and while I ran out of space before I hit the big can cache mentioned, I did manage to get a good assemblage of trash off the course...sigh.

Humans - can't live with them, and they don't compost so good either.

Comment

Perhaps equally offensive as the littering is the tarnishing of a great course with such an awful excuse for beer.

Comment

^^^
                              Agreed, and I don't even drink. I was thinking about starting a rumor that it was Stu Hicks
                              Last edited by JMan; January 12th, 2010, 07:39 PM. Reason: fun
                              educate your thinking

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X