X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meadow Ridge rating on DGCR

Meadow Ridge is getting a 4.81 on www.discgolfcoursereview.com right now, with two more reviews added it will have the minimum number of reviews to make the top ten. If it were added right now it would be number four, two spots above Whistler's Bend and four spots above Milo Mciver State Park. I live in Washington but I have been down there to play the new course twice now and it is awesome. All the people who have put in hard work to get the course so beautiful should be thanked, so I thank you.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Guess I'd better not review it then, my 4 will bring it down.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It will just even out my five, hehe.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

If Meadow Ridge gets two more great reviews, it will really piss off the people at the Woodshed. It only has 11 reviews and would be pushed to number 5. There's going to be a review pissing contest.
        Lucky for us it is freezing cold in W. Virginia.

I foresee a busy summer for Horning's Hideout this year.
        Great job Bob.

Comment

Thanks everyone, I'm actually very humbled by all this, and very thankful that everyone has enjoyed this and the other courses. Right now I'm working on the baskets on the canyon course, bringing them up to the Meadow Ridge caliber of targets.
          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
            Thanks everyone, I'm actually very humbled by all this, and very thankful that everyone has enjoyed this and the other courses. Right now I'm working on the baskets on the canyon course, bringing them up to the Meadow Ridge caliber of targets.
            How does that work? Can you reconfigure them, or are you making whole new baskets?

Hey, by the way, put in short pads -- even gravel ones -- on Meadow Ridge and it's at least a 4.5 in my book. (I haven't given any course a 5 yet.) I can envision where you could put 'em on almost every hole.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              How does that work? Can you reconfigure them, or are you making whole new baskets?

Hey, by the way, put in short pads -- even gravel ones -- on Meadow Ridge and it's at least a 4.5 in my book. (I haven't given any course a 5 yet.) I can envision where you could put 'em on almost every hole.
              I'm reconfiguring them, smaller tops, longer and one more set of chains so they match the certified baskets.

As far as short pads, perhaps by this fall, just got too much going on this spring and then summer hits when I'm swamped with summer events. Would like to go over your ideas sometime soon though, just so I can plan.

Comment

One of the things I do have on slate this spring is to do a walk through with folks (some of the pros have been playing here, taking notes) and we'll be looking to do some final touches on the course. Admittedly there can be improvement, a couple of trees I did leave in just because it's harder to put them back up than take them out, and would rather give people some playing time to decide.

Comment

most excellent wisdom

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                  One of the things I do have on slate this spring is to do a walk through with folks (some of the pros have been playing here, taking notes) and we'll be looking to do some final touches on the course. Admittedly there can be improvement, a couple of trees I did leave in just because it's harder to put them back up than take them out, and would rather give people some playing time to decide.

Comment

Originally posted by Vector_2008 View Post
                    If Meadow Ridge gets two more great reviews, it will really piss off the people at the Woodshed. It only has 11 reviews and would be pushed to number 5. There's going to be a review pissing contest.
                    Lucky for us it is freezing cold in W. Virginia.

I foresee a busy summer for Horning's Hideout this year.
                    Great job Bob.
                    Your comment does bring up something that should be addressed, hopefully to keep there from being, as you put it, a pissing contest. Even though it would be great to be listed there, I think it should happen with only legitimate posts, and not posts just to attain a rating. Fluff posts, if filled with BS that is untrue or too dramatizing may disappoint folks when then get here and then in effect have the opposite result later.

Comment

Unfortunately, the nature of DGCR is that even with legitimate reviews, "pissing contests" happen. But the good news is, they seem to happen mostly with east-of-the-Rockies courses. I haven't seen crappy drive-by reviews of Oregon courses by disgruntled Flip City fans.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I really can't see anyone giving this course less then a 4.5 honestly. (sorry Adam)

The reviews that are up are all pretty informative and done well and don't just look like a local getting their course a higher score which should help with curbing any "pissing match" that might come.

Keep up the great work Bob!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          I really can't see anyone giving this course less then a 4.5 honestly. (sorry Adam)
                          I can't help but review courses based on my own feelings about playing them. In their current configurations, I have a lot more fun playing the Canyon Course than Meadow Ridge. MR is certainly a 4.5-star course for big arms, but I don't have a big arm. (And I think the safety issues around 2-4 and 11-13 probably keep it from being 5 stars even for pros; 5 stars, in my book, means it could barely be improved at all.)
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I agree with Adam. If I were to review it today I would probably give it four stars. It is an excellent course and I like it a lot but there are several factors that prevent me from giving it five stars: The aforementioned saftey issues, the walkouts (particularly to holes 1, 8, and 10), lack of am pads, and a few holes that seem to rely more on a lucky bounce than a skilled shot.

I'm not ripping the course or Bob's efforts here - I'd like to stress that I absolutely love this course (and maintain that it is the toughest course I've ever played) - I'm just pointing out that a few minor issues can justify giving a course a lower than perfect rating.

Comment

I don't have a big arm either (maybe 280 in the winter and 300 in the summer, I suck in colder weather) but I still enjoy the Meadow Ridge course, in fact it's my favorite Oregon course so far with the Canyon Course not far behind. MR out weighs Canyon for me because of the tee pads, new baskets and beautiful down hill throws. I believe a course can be five stars and still have flaws because EVERY course has flaws. I do see what you guys are saying though. I would say for me Seatac is tougher and so is Milo but it's still very hard, I shot a +15 or something like that the first time playing. Still all the Horning's Courses are going to remain in my top 10 for a long time.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X