Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know I haven't played any of the courses in the top ten that aren't in Oregon and Meadow Ridge is my favorite course (tied with the Canyon Course) and I realize it probably isn't the 2nd best in the world but I wasn't going to mention that to bring down the Horning's Crew but you guys did it anyways. The Horning's people are so awesome and did such a great job and all three courses that I think they deserve to see the fruits of their labor. So good job Bob and the rest of the Horning's Crew.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yes, the rating system subjective and probably flawed. #2 in the world? Maybe. Maybe not.

Even though it's not precisely accurate, it does give you a good general picture. And that picture is that Meadow Ridge has become a very highly regarded course in a very short time.

Comment

Absolutely Bob and the crew have done, and continue to do, a great job, no doubt about it. And having 3 courses on private property with camping, fishing, and peacocks really make it something special.

The courses do deserve a lot of positive feedback, but there does become a point where it's "blowing smoke up one's ass" so to speak.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I find it funny that people say I'm negative when confronting someone who is doing something so wrong and then I'm an ass kisser because I praise someone who is doing something so awesome, I guess I can't win. I just call it like I see it.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I'm not singling you out, Tom. More venting about the disparity of ratings on DGCR. Having a top ranked course on there seems to hinge on having a bunch of loyalists who spend a lot of time on the internet.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              I'm not singling you out, Tom. More venting about the disparity of ratings on DGCR. Having a top ranked course on there seems to hinge on having a bunch of loyalists who spend a lot of time on the internet.
              Gotcha. Sorry.

Yeah I've heard from several different people that Flip City wasn't nearly as good as they were expecting although being #1 forever you would have high expectations as well. I find it odd that people care that much to give a fake review/bad rating of their course's "competitor" just to vote it down. On a side note, Sheila and Andrew rave about Highbridge Gold and they are damn good judges of courses.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                #2 on DGCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Horning's Crew!!!
                I just logged on, haven't been on as much lately with the Senate race, Damn politics. This is humbling to say the least. That and it does look like a pissing contest elsewhere. As I said on either this thread or another one, I would rather have honest reviews than not.

One thing I will say, we still have a lot of plans to improve the play out here, and make it a lot nicer. I do want to put down a lot more picnic tables and benches, finish the split rails at the tee pads and put up a kiosk at the beginning of every course with a course map. I already have the 2 x 3 ft maps, just have not had time to put them up (damn politics again). And hopefully next year we'll also get small cement pads for the Highland course.

My thanks to everyone, and thanks to my crew who has helped me build these courses. I'm glad that this place has been such a good fit for Disc Golf!!

Comment

Bob- played your course last weekend and again I was blown away by Meadow Ridge and the whole compound. I ended up playing some night golf and I overshot #13 on the short course. It was a downhill shot and I buried it in what is apparently a large patch of stinging nettles. I ended up itchy and empty handed, but if anyone cares to look, I'll give a $10 reward to anyone who finds my bar-stamped yellow buzzz and ships it up to Spokane. BTW: I showed up three months after I got a call on a lost disc (Hole 8 on Meadow Ridge), and when I came down I found that you guys had held it the whole time for me. Thanks again, and thanks for making such and incredible disc golf destination

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X