X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    MR out weighs Canyon for me because of the tee pads, new baskets and beautiful down hill throws.
    FYI, Canyon now has the same big-ass pads, and the baskets will be upgraded soon too.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Really? A group of us are trying to make the trip down there tomorrow morning (very early) to play a night golf round at Highland and then play the others in the day time. This is awesome news, I will love the Canyon course even more now then, that's so awesome.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Really? A group of us are trying to make the trip down there tomorrow morning (very early) to play a night golf round at Highland and then play the others in the day time. This is awesome news, I will love the Canyon course even more now then, that's so awesome.
        What time are you going to be playing HH tomorrow?
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
          What time are you going to be playing HH tomorrow?
          I don't know yet, I'm waiting on my friend to call me tonight but we are thinking of leaving here around 2am which puts us at Horning's around 5:30 to 6:00am, and playing the Highlands around that time and then probably Canyon and then MR after that. You down to join us?

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I don't know yet, I'm waiting on my friend to call me tonight but we are thinking of leaving here around 2am which puts us at Horning's around 5:30 to 6:00am, and playing the Highlands around that time and then probably Canyon and then MR after that. You down to join us?
            The solar lights on the Highland course does not power up very well in the winter and at 6 AM there won't be any on. You're welcome to set up other lights like glow sticks, just letting you know

Comment

I didn't think about that, dangit, thanks for the info Bob.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                Your comment does bring up something that should be addressed, hopefully to keep there from being, as you put it, a pissing contest. Even though it would be great to be listed there, I think it should happen with only legitimate posts, and not posts just to attain a rating. Fluff posts, if filled with BS that is untrue or too dramatizing may disappoint folks when then get here and then in effect have the opposite result later.
                I wish I could write a proper review on MR, but I haven't played it yet. I was there 2 weeks ago and played the Canyon and the Highlands. Not enough time in the winter day.

Since it still new and some change are still likely to happen I'll just wait on doing a review.
                I really want to play it several times anyway.

Keep giving us updates on the course and maybe I'll be able to give a 6.0 review in the future.

Comment

I didn't get to go down there the other day but I'm leaving in about five hours to leave for Horning's Hideout. If you want to play with us (we have a group of four) or just want to say hello, I'm wearing a red Discraft hat.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

just made it and landed at number 3. Congrats on the nice course Bob.

Hippy007

Comment

Yep, HHMR is now #3 in the country in rating on DGCR!!!!! I love this course! Thank you Bob! Headed down there this weekend!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Yep, HHMR is now #3 in the country in rating on DGCR!!!!! I love this course! Thank you Bob! Headed down there this weekend!!!
                        I am so humbled, ecstatic, pumped and awed all at once. I have not been on for a few days and just checked today's forum (the 28th) and am totally floored.

Have not had a chance to do too much lately, but will be putting in more split rail fencing, hooks for hanging bags on posts, and benches.

Thanks All!!

Comment

#2 on DGCR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats Horning's Crew!!!

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

No offense to Bob et al, but there's no way Meadow Ridge is #2 in the world. Great course, no doubt, but it's the obvious flaw of the DGCR rating system.
                            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Its rating has been creeping up partly because it hasn't been caught up in the fights between the other top courses. Apparently, Flip City & Idlewild have detractors who go in and enter poor ratings just to be pissy.
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                                Its rating has been creeping up partly because it hasn't been caught up in the fights between the other top courses. Apparently, Flip City & Idlewild have detractors who go in and enter poor ratings just to be pissy.
                                That, and it's an average. Aaverages are inherently flawed. In the case of DGCR subjective too. There is nothing worse then a subjective average.
                                Last edited by Uhlman; August 24th, 2010, 08:01 AM. Reason: wow what a run on
                                Throw What You Know.
                                "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X