Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bob Horning
    started a topic Grand Opening of Meadow Ridge Course, Nov. 29th

Grand Opening of Meadow Ridge Course, Nov. 29th

Tee pad signs should be in and up, so we're having an official Grand Opening of the course. All fees waived on Sunday, 11-29-09. Normal fees are just $3 per person to play all day on all three courses. Hamburgers & soda will be available to the first 100 people (free). Open at 8 AM.

• Nichola
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    The tee signs are INCREDIBLE! Best in the West!
    Ditto what TreeLove said! The signs rock!

Several Washington Deaf Disc Golf members and couple Oregon Disc Golf members played Meadow Ridge last Sunday. Wow, the course is really badass, and we love it!!

Thanks, Bob for hamburgers and fire pit as well, too!

Leave a comment:

• drhorning
    replied
    ya kinda sucked that i couldnt make in i was in AZ for the weekend just got back today. cant wait to get up there and see the new signs

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    The tee signs are INCREDIBLE! Best in the West!

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied
    Or maybe just some FUN disc golf, in your case.... <rim shot>

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Fingers
    replied
    great times sunday

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
    I am quite bummed I missed it.
    You should be bummed! Great weather for some great disc golf...

Leave a comment:

• D-Walk
    replied
    Originally posted by JMan View Post
    We left around 1 and it was so nice to see the lot so full, and players visible on both the Highlands and the Canyon. I have always felt a little guilty living so close to a great DG spot, and it looks like I'll have to share...Great as usual Bob.
    'J'
    I am quite bummed I missed it.

Leave a comment:

• JMan
    replied
    We left around 1 and it was so nice to see the lot so full, and players visible on both the Highlands and the Canyon. I have always felt a little guilty living so close to a great DG spot, and it looks like I'll have to share...Great as usual Bob.
    'J'

Leave a comment:

• emmarose
    replied
    Loved it! The doubles round was great... long, but super great... I was inspired by the course and the dudes I was playing with and I swear I added an extra 15 or 20 feet onto my drives yesterday! Thanks, Bob, and it was great to finally get to meet you and shake your hand!

peace threw disc golf,
    emmarose

Leave a comment:

• Bob Horning
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Bob, how many people showed up who hadn't ever been out there before?
    I would say at almost a third of the folks there were new. One person alone brought about 12 folks that had not been here. A lot of kids and families seemed to be new too. We are really starting to see a lot more families with kids enjoying the sport, it's great to see how the sport is growing before your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Bob, how many people showed up who hadn't ever been out there before?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Horning
    replied
    Thanks for an amazing turnout!!

Thanks everybody for a great turnout and a fun day. We had a great turnout, at least 250 people, maybe up to 300 that came out. Almost everyone who wanted a burger got one, went through 120 of them! Lots of fun for us, and it's our thanks to you all for being such a great community of folks that we've come to know. We'll keep striving here to make things only better!!

Later, Bob

Leave a comment:

• ptld2001
    replied
    Thanks for hosting this Bob! The weather was wonderful, the golf was fantastic, and thanks for the lunch. I'd expected to throw a token few holes with my husband on the new course, but managed to finish! Not bad for a terrible noodle arm. It's the first time I've dared to throw a "top of the world" shot, and did because the path up was well enough maintained to ensure I wouldn't lose my disc. After that, we played our first round ever at the Highland course, which was a lot more my speed. It was a great day of golf for both of us!

Leave a comment:

• SMOKIN JOE
    replied
    Thank you for the new course and refreshments Bob. It was a great day to play. The new course is awesome. The burgers were almost as good as the golf. Really liked the tee pads as well. It was nice to have a table by tee pad 8. Great to see so many people showing their support by coming out. Awesome to see Bob showing his support of us. Our rounds went as follows.
    Terry - 69
    Mark - 81
    Jeni - 98
    Braden - 127 shot a 51 on the front 9
    Thanks again Bob.

Leave a comment:

• LegoRules
    replied
    Steve, Reagan & I had an awesome time today. We played 4 rounds 2 Highland & 2 Canyon, and had some very tasty burgers BBQed by burger Bob. Could not have asked for better weather. Best of all my Steve got his first ace today Thanks Bob the new signs for the Meadow Ridge course look great.

Cindy

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X