X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Opening of Meadow Ridge Course, Nov. 29th

Tee pad signs should be in and up, so we're having an official Grand Opening of the course. All fees waived on Sunday, 11-29-09. Normal fees are just $3 per person to play all day on all three courses. Hamburgers & soda will be available to the first 100 people (free). Open at 8 AM.

Woo hoo! Adding one more thing to my list of things to be thankful for this year!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

another one closer to being done.

will be there to play rain or shine....

Hippy007

Comment

I was looking at NWDiscgolf calander, and saw this grand opening but which date? Because on the calander, it lists on Saturday 28th, and on this forum thread, it says Sunday 29th? I have been waiting to play at Meadow Ridge so I am looking forward to either date!
        PDGA 38506
        ODDGA 27
        DDGA 176
        2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
          I was looking at NWDiscgolf calander, and saw this grand opening but which date? Because on the calander, it lists on Saturday 28th, and on this forum thread, it says Sunday 29th? I have been waiting to play at Meadow Ridge so I am looking forward to either date!
          Never mind, I know the date now as I saw the other thread about the date below this thread. Anyway, I am looking forward to this and from what I hear and read that the course rocks! Bob, you keep rocking on! I can't wait to touch it!
          PDGA 38506
          ODDGA 27
          DDGA 176
          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
            Never mind, I know the date now as I saw the other thread about the date below this thread. Anyway, I am looking forward to this and from what I hear and read that the course rocks! Bob, you keep rocking on! I can't wait to touch it!
            Just wait till you see the new signs that came in, the detail and the graphics are great!! Putting up the new signs now and doing some sprucing up of the course to get ready for Sunday!!

Comment

Hey Bob, you're famous:

Horning's Hideout opens new disc course this weekend (Hillsboro Argus)
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                Tee pad signs should be in and up, so we're having an official Grand Opening of the course. All fees waived on Sunday, 11-29-09. Normal fees are just $3 per person to play all day on all three courses. Hamburgers & soda will be available to the first 100 people (free). Open at 8 AM.
                Can't wait Steve and I will be there.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

I like hamburgers & soda this is great Carl T. Thorne

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
                    Just wait till you see the new signs that came in, the detail and the graphics are great!! Putting up the new signs now and doing some sprucing up of the course to get ready for Sunday!!
                    Yah they look very nice.

Hippy007

Comment

Yo, Bob: Will you have any seasons passes available for purchase? I think this would be a great time to sell a bunch of them. I know I would like to buy some. However, I think the price should be on par with Oregon State Parks (click here for pricing), since the day use fee is the same. I know I would buy a 2-year plus extra vehicle if that were the case!
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Yo, Bob: Will you have any seasons passes available for purchase? I think this would be a great time to sell a bunch of them. I know I would like to buy some. However, I think the price should be on par with Oregon State Parks (click here for pricing), since the day use fee is the same. I know I would buy a 2-year plus extra vehicle if that were the case!
                        Only trouble is I'm not running off of tax payer money, I pay taxes. Yes, we got a grant from the visitors association to upgrade the courses, but that's a one time shot in the arm. If the state park system was trying to run on fee alone as we are, they would be much higher than us (we run on a shoestring budget). They get tax money, lottery dollars and such, and if you figure that it's your money (your tax money) plus what you're paying for a pass there, those passes you buy are a lot more than the $3 per car they now charge (it's going up to $5 Jan 1). So no, I think we offer a lot for a $60 a year pass, that's pro-rated through out the year. Thanks for the idea anyway. One way we do keep it to only $3 a person or $60 a year is because we do a lot of things here, all at low cost, but enough to get by. I could not have just a disc golf course and make a life out of that, it's part of the bigger pie of the park as a whole.

Comment

I understand, I will still buy one!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            I understand, I will still buy one!
                            Thanks, and to answer your original question of will season passes be there, yes, I will have next years for sale, so people actually get an extra month free if they buy one now. Your question just made me think of that as a Grand opening perk.
                            later!!

Comment

prices

Tree Love,

How many state parks have 3 18 hole courses?

I think Bob's prices are sweeeet.

3 bucks 3 courses=Heaven

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X