Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a great time today. Wish we could have stayed longer. Thanks, Bob!

Comment

Steve, Reagan & I had an awesome time today. We played 4 rounds 2 Highland & 2 Canyon, and had some very tasty burgers BBQed by burger Bob. Could not have asked for better weather. Best of all my Steve got his first ace today Thanks Bob the new signs for the Meadow Ridge course look great.

Cindy
      Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
      2013 Chick Flick co-TD
      Stumptown #176
      PDGA #37716

Comment

Thank you for the new course and refreshments Bob. It was a great day to play. The new course is awesome. The burgers were almost as good as the golf. Really liked the tee pads as well. It was nice to have a table by tee pad 8. Great to see so many people showing their support by coming out. Awesome to see Bob showing his support of us. Our rounds went as follows.
        Terry - 69
        Mark - 81
        Jeni - 98
        Braden - 127 shot a 51 on the front 9
        Thanks again Bob.

Comment

Thanks for hosting this Bob! The weather was wonderful, the golf was fantastic, and thanks for the lunch. I'd expected to throw a token few holes with my husband on the new course, but managed to finish! Not bad for a terrible noodle arm. It's the first time I've dared to throw a "top of the world" shot, and did because the path up was well enough maintained to ensure I wouldn't lose my disc. After that, we played our first round ever at the Highland course, which was a lot more my speed. It was a great day of golf for both of us!

Comment

Thanks for an amazing turnout!!

Thanks everybody for a great turnout and a fun day. We had a great turnout, at least 250 people, maybe up to 300 that came out. Almost everyone who wanted a burger got one, went through 120 of them! Lots of fun for us, and it's our thanks to you all for being such a great community of folks that we've come to know. We'll keep striving here to make things only better!!

Later, Bob

Comment

Bob, how many people showed up who hadn't ever been out there before?
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Bob, how many people showed up who hadn't ever been out there before?
                I would say at almost a third of the folks there were new. One person alone brought about 12 folks that had not been here. A lot of kids and families seemed to be new too. We are really starting to see a lot more families with kids enjoying the sport, it's great to see how the sport is growing before your eyes.

Comment

Loved it! The doubles round was great... long, but super great... I was inspired by the course and the dudes I was playing with and I swear I added an extra 15 or 20 feet onto my drives yesterday! Thanks, Bob, and it was great to finally get to meet you and shake your hand!

peace threw disc golf,
                  emmarose
                  "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                  Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

We left around 1 and it was so nice to see the lot so full, and players visible on both the Highlands and the Canyon. I have always felt a little guilty living so close to a great DG spot, and it looks like I'll have to share...Great as usual Bob.
                    'J'
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      We left around 1 and it was so nice to see the lot so full, and players visible on both the Highlands and the Canyon. I have always felt a little guilty living so close to a great DG spot, and it looks like I'll have to share...Great as usual Bob.
                      'J'
                      I am quite bummed I missed it.
                      Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                      PDGA #37890
                      Stumptown #157
                      ODW TDG 10-11
                      3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

great times sunday

Originally posted by D-Walk View Post
                        I am quite bummed I missed it.
                        You should be bummed! Great weather for some great disc golf...
                        Hath this whole world been mired in madness?
                        Remain ye men of faculty complete,
                        Of full arithmetic and prudence fair,
                        Attending to our noble bond and contract?
                        Or does here stand the last remaining man
                        To give a fig for rules and order yet,
                        No noble savage, but a stave unbroken
                        Who loves the law and bids it no misdeed.
                        Iíll not be bent to lawlessness. Mark it nought, if we be men of honour.

Comment

Or maybe just some FUN disc golf, in your case.... <rim shot>
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

The tee signs are INCREDIBLE! Best in the West!
                            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

ya kinda sucked that i couldnt make in i was in AZ for the weekend just got back today. cant wait to get up there and see the new signs

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                                The tee signs are INCREDIBLE! Best in the West!
                                Ditto what TreeLove said! The signs rock!

Several Washington Deaf Disc Golf members and couple Oregon Disc Golf members played Meadow Ridge last Sunday. Wow, the course is really badass, and we love it!!

Thanks, Bob for hamburgers and fire pit as well, too!
                                PDGA 38506
                                ODDGA 27
                                DDGA 176
                                2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X