Canyon Course now has concrete tee pads, will be re-open this Saturday the 7th Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canyon Course now has concrete tee pads, will be re-open this Saturday the 7th

Hi all, the pads are all done, just some minor work to spread a bit of gravel around but the concrete pads are in!! My thanks go to all my friends that came out, Ricky, Mike, Andy, Bob, Scotty, Fred, Kim, Kevin and Kevin.

And for that you get an extra half-star in my review on DGCR.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      And for that you get an extra half-star in my review on DGCR.
      Thanks Adam, I know that many people said it would be a better course with concrete. I did change the position of one tee pad, that's number 3, moved the concrete a bit back and up the hill, makes it more interesting. I'll leave the gravel there as an alternate.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
        Thanks Adam, I know that many people said it would be a better course with concrete. I did change the position of one tee pad, that's number 3, moved the concrete a bit back and up the hill, makes it more interesting. I'll leave the gravel there as an alternate.
        Did you leave #13 short as an alternate too? That long teepad is hell.

By the way, sort of off-topic, but I had a thought on Meadow Ridge: on #18, make an alternate teepad on the left side of the road, over by the yellow sign, and say that people MUST use that pad (and be quiet!!) if there's an event going on down by the creek. I've always thought that'd be a nice place for a short tee anyway -- there are two big trees you have to shoot through, then a steep dogleg left -- but then there'd be no chance of wedding-crashing discs.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
          Hi all, the pads are all done, just some minor work to spread a bit of gravel around but the concrete pads are in!! My thanks go to all my friends that came out, Ricky, Mike, Andy, Bob, Scotty, Fred, Kim, Kevin and Kevin.
          no problem bob see you sunday to play those nice new boxes.. man i was a little sore after all that concrete but it was fun.

Hippy007

Comment

Wow Bob, and crew! Played the Canyon today and those new Pads are the BOMB! What has been my favorite course for some time is now even better! THANKS BOB!!!!
            educate your thinking

Comment

The new teepads on the Canyon Course are totally luxurious... it's like playing spa golf, or something... thanks to everyone who works so hard to make Horning's such an incredible place to be and who keep working hard to keep making it better... (esp. you, Mr. Bob Horning!). And thanks Scotty and Ricky and Andy for the golf and hamburgers, it was a real pleasure!

peace threw disc golf,
              emmarose
              "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
              Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                The new teepads on the Canyon Course are totally luxurious... it's like playing spa golf, or something... thanks to everyone who works so hard to make Horning's such an incredible place to be and who keep working hard to keep making it better... (esp. you, Mr. Bob Horning!). And thanks Scotty and Ricky and Andy for the golf and hamburgers, it was a real pleasure!

peace threw disc golf,
                emmarose
                That's the second time I've heard the term "luxurious" to describe those pads. Was that you I saw out there yesterday afternoon?

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                  That's the second time I've heard the term "luxurious" to describe those pads. Was that you I saw out there yesterday afternoon?
                  yes... hehe... I was wondering if you guys would be reading this and be like, hey, lady... you already said that! It's a good description, tho, right?

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                    yes... hehe... I was wondering if you guys would be reading this and be like, hey, lady... you already said that! It's a good description, tho, right?
                    If I would have know it was you I would have introduced myself - and given you your Eclipse back.

Comment

please do next time you see me... I'll be the one in the jaunty cap and argyle (or striped) knee socks... maybe we'll cross paths out there next Sunday...

peace threw disc golf,
                      emmarose

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X