Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gold Course - Tee #8

Ok,

If there was ever a hole where you reach into your bag and pull out your most trusted disc, I would vote for this one. What disc, for those of you have played this tee, do you find works the best?

I reached for my Elite Z Buzzz. It has quickly come to be my most trusted disc out of my small collection (smaller today after completing my round ). It did a wonderful job through the trees. I did not throw clear, but the problem was an minor issue of aim, rather then the disc letting me down.

Peace,

-Mark

I haven't played it yet, but I've stood on the teepad and looked down. And I thought, I'll probably throw either my putter or my Buzzz here.

Either that or tomahawk the Firebird straight down la Rooster East #4.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

i used a beast..........................didnt work out well..............somehow hit a tree high right, kicked far left and landed on the fairway 3/4 of the way down. the result was good, but i cant call it a good shot

Comment

I was out there this morning. Turns out my putter and my Buzzz are both a bit too flippy for such a steep downhill toss. The Z Wasp worked out much better.

My friend tried a tomahawk, and that didn't work well; too much side-to-side movement.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The XD worked best for me.

Comment

It's a RHFH out into the great wide open on the left. Just warn the people on the 9's tee pad.

PS: I think the mando on 12 should be removed. The threat to golfers on 11 is not that great. Golfers have been in other fairways since the beginning of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
              It's a RHFH out into the great wide open on the left. Just warn the people on the 9's tee pad.

PS: I think the mando on 12 should be removed. The threat to golfers on 11 is not that great. Golfers have been in other fairways since the beginning of the game.
              You can't go there. That clear cut is not Bob's Property and is no trespassing. You must play down thru the tree's and if it goes out into that field it is ob. I know what you are talking about and showed that to bob and said no go cause of 11th tee.

Hippy007
              Andy

Comment

Hey everyone there's a table up at tee 8 lets help spread the word about pack it in pack it out. We want to keep the entire course clean. Thank You

Comment

Originally posted by drhorning View Post
                  Hey everyone there's a table up at tee 8 lets help spread the word about pack it in pack it out. We want to keep the entire course clean. Thank You
                  Have people been littering already?
                  Oregon disc golf map

Comment

no, no, no

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                    The XD worked best for me.

Yes it's a putter shot, but use a more predictable putter--like a magic. It gave me a putt!

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedisc View Post

Yes it's a putter shot, but use a more predictable putter--like a magic. It gave me a putt!
                      I don't need magic to help me on the course!!!

Comment

Originally Posted by drhorning

Have people been littering already?

I've only found some beer cans and bottles up there but hey thats just the first couple days it open

Comment

Originally posted by Hippy007 View Post
                          You can't go there. That clear cut is not Bob's Property and is no trespassing. You must play down thru the tree's and if it goes out into that field it is ob. I know what you are talking about and showed that to bob and said no go cause of 11th tee.

Hippy007
                          Andy
                          What's wrong with throwing it out there if you can get it to land safe in the fairway? There are lots of golf holes where a drive has to carry over OB before landing safe.

If you guys are intent on cutting off that route, which I am not advocating at all, you will have to enforce a mando. Otherwise RHFH throwers are going to take the wide open hyzer route with the intent of fading back onto the fairway or green.

I don't throw that route, but it's fun to watch and it seems like a perfectly legitimate line as long as it doesn't land in the neighboring property. Gotta watch out for people on hole 9 though.

Comment

In response to the original question, I've had the most success with a DX Roc down the middle. Putter would probably work but I'm not confident in my ability to keep my putter from flipping on this throw.

Funny story. Watched a friend throw a midrange down the middle. Bounced off three trees starting a little less than halfway down. Every time it hit a tree it continued downhill. Finally landed just outside the circle. Great terrible shot!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                              What's wrong with throwing it out there if you can get it to land safe in the fairway? There are lots of golf holes where a drive has to carry over OB before landing safe.

If you guys are intent on cutting off that route, which I am not advocating at all, you will have to enforce a mando. Otherwise RHFH throwers are going to take the wide open hyzer route with the intent of fading back onto the fairway or green.

I don't throw that route, but it's fun to watch and it seems like a perfectly legitimate line as long as it doesn't land in the neighboring property. Gotta watch out for people on hole 9 though.
                              Becuase you will send someone to the hospital if you hit them when they are are on the next tee because they will be trying to make the next shot when it comes back in. Also as bob and a few others have pointed out that in a very short time the clear cut will grow back in.

At that point that line will be gone and is not going to come back.

Hippy007

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X