X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• final layout for Horning's #3 this Saturday, Sept 5th

Today we finished the clearing of trees and limbing of the course, and in the next couple of days I'll be flattening out the last of the tee pads. We plan on setting up the cement forms next week, and depending on how long that take we will be pouring cement sometime with in the next two weeks. This Saturday at noon I would like to do a walk through of the new course and am inviting all so we can get some final input before we pour cement and place the targets. Also when we get a firm date for pouring I'll put out a shout out then too
    later,
    Bob

One of these days I'll get out there with my GPS, Bob.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      One of these days I'll get out there with my GPS, Bob.
      After this weekend that would be great! After this weekend I will have all the tee pads and targets points set. What I'm hoping for is several eyes to come out and offer any final adjustment. A few feet either way can make all the difference in the world, from just right to too tough.

Also for those who are going to come out, let me know so I can know how many to expect.
      Thanks

Comment

Can't wait! My only observation would be that the baskets for one hole seem very close to the tee pads on the next hole. Perhaps it would be good for safety to make certain there is enough space there. Some of those approaches will be coming in hot from over 200 feet or more. Don't want anyone to get hurt.

Thanks for your hard work and vision.
        Training to be a bagger

Comment

Bob,

Would you be open to inviting say 30-40 people out to play the projected course, then you will have an idea of how holes play instead of a gut feeling. You could issue scorecards and have people turn them in when they are done. Just let everyone know that the rounds should be treated like tournament rounds and to limit the tee shots to one disc.

Some numerical analysis could then be performed to see how the course plays compared to your projected par.
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
            Bob,

Would you be open to inviting say 30-40 people out to play the projected course, then you will have an idea of how holes play instead of a gut feeling. You could issue scorecards and have people turn them in when they are done. Just let everyone know that the rounds should be treated like tournament rounds and to limit the tee shots to one disc.

Some numerical analysis could then be performed to see how the course plays compared to your projected par.
            That sounds like a great idea. What I would like to do is do the walk through first, so everyone can see the holes, and then play it and then review the holes again. I'll have some score cards made up, so who ever shows up we can do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
              Bob,

BTW, Based on PDGA guidelines on par, these holes fall way into the par 3, par 4 or par 5 Gold Tee catagories, so I'm not worried at all whether they are fair pars or not. It just sounds like fun and a good way to make sure that the final placements have the proper tweeks that make the holes the best!!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time and putting in all the effort to make a legendary course, Bob!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X