This coming weekend 8/28 - 8/29... Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • This coming weekend 8/28 - 8/29...

    Bob,

    How hard is it going to be to get to Horning's over the weekend with the LPGA tourney out at Pumpkin Ridge this weekend? I am finally going to be on that side of town this weekend and want to play the courses.

    Kevin

  • #2
    Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
    How hard is it going to be to get to Horning's over the weekend with the LPGA tourney out at Pumpkin Ridge this weekend? I am finally going to be on that side of town this weekend and want to play the courses.
    I'm not Bob, but I think the exit that people take to get to Pumpkin Ridge is the one after the main North Plains exit that leads to Horning's.
    Oregon disc golf map

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
      I'm not Bob, but I think the exit that people take to get to Pumpkin Ridge is the one after the main North Plains exit that leads to Horning's.
      I always wondered why I didn't see any signs for Pumpkin Ridge. I knew it was out there somewhere.

      Kevin, when are you planning on being out there?

      Comment


      • #4
        Oooooo...directions to Pumpkin Ridge exit 55...Horning's exit 57...looks like this maybe a go

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I always wondered why I didn't see any signs for Pumpkin Ridge. I knew it was out there somewhere.

          Kevin, when are you planning on being out there?
          We are going to a friends house have a lil BBQ and then watch some of the air show...when we get bored off to Hornings. Sooooo guessing 1-2 at the latest.

          Comment


          • #6
            You haven't played there yet Kevin?? You're going to love it. As for the traffic, it will be a bit of a bother, but I'm planning on playing there on Sunday and am not really worried about it. It may be heavy traffic to a point, but once you make the turn onto Pumpkin Ridge Road you'll be fine. Enjoy!
            educate your thinking

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by JMan View Post
              You haven't played there yet Kevin?? You're going to love it. As for the traffic, it will be a bit of a bother, but I'm planning on playing there on Sunday and am not really worried about it. It may be heavy traffic to a point, but once you make the turn onto Pumpkin Ridge Road you'll be fine. Enjoy!

              No still haven't played there. I'm hoping that the traffic isn't bad....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                No still haven't played there. I'm hoping that the traffic isn't bad....
                There are a few back roads that can get you out to North Plains that won't require you get on Hwy 26. I use West Union Rd when worried about traffic.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JMan View Post
                  I'm planning on playing there on Sunday and am not really worried about it.
                  No, we are scheduled to play Pier this Sunday. Hornings was last Sunday. FYI.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                    There are a few back roads that can get you out to North Plains that won't require you get on Hwy 26. I use West Union Rd when worried about traffic.
                    The Oregonian has items in both the Metro and Sports sections today mentioning the traffic, because the Hillsboro Air Show is also going on. West Union Road, maybe from the Bethany exit, might not be a bad call.
                    Oregon disc golf map

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Probably a great call. HWY 26 tends to get a little sluggish during the air show. There are people actually park along side the highway to watch; others just sort of slow down and crane their necks out their windows.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        Probably a great call. HWY 26 tends to get a little sluggish during the air show. There are people actually park along side the highway to watch; others just sort of slow down and crane their necks out their windows.

                        I need to get to exit 59 and go south...do you think this will get busy tomorrow for the air show...will be going through area around 10am

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                          I need to get to exit 59 and go south...do you think this will get busy tomorrow for the air show...will be going through area around 10am
                          Possibly. That's pretty near the airport so that's about where people will be stopping. Depends on what time the AS starts.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Kevin Madrid View Post
                            I need to get to exit 59 and go south...do you think this will get busy tomorrow for the air show...will be going through area around 10am
                            I would skip this exit totaly, it will be pretty much shut off going south. You will probably have to go to exit 57 and go south, same exit for us. HWY 26 really isn't too bad, a bit of a slow spot but then it speeds back up. If you know West Union that would be fine but I don't think necessary.

                            Comment

                            Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X