Can we say "Cement Tee Pads"? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    That is some great news. Even the Canyon Course gets new Tees! I can't wait. Thanks Bob!
    Current World Rank: 2857th
    Lowest Rated Round: 777
    Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
    Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
    Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
    Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
    Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
    Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

    Comment


    • #17
      Here I Go Again

      Just to answer Bob's original question, "Can we say 'cement tee pads?'" Well, yes we could but we shouldn't.

      I assume you will be pouring the tee pads with concrete which is a mixture of cement, water, aggregate (sand, rock, etc.) and other lesser ingredients (chemical admixtures).

      Sorry to get all technical on you but you asked. Remember cement is an ingredient in concrete.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by thadeouspage View Post
        Just to answer Bob's original question, "Can we say 'cement tee pads?'" Well, yes we could but we shouldn't.

        I assume you will be pouring the tee pads with concrete which is a mixture of cement, water, aggregate (sand, rock, etc.) and other lesser ingredients (chemical admixtures).

        Sorry to get all technical on you but you asked. Remember cement is an ingredient in concrete.
        I stand corrected. I'm assuming that you're either a teacher or in the noble proffesion of mud pouring (i.e.concrete)?

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Bob Horning View Post
          I stand corrected. I'm assuming that you're either a teacher or in the noble proffesion of mud pouring (i.e.concrete)?
          Or maybe just skilled in the fine art of smart assery?
          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Awesome news, Bob. If you would like some help with the pads or anything else out there, post it and we will show up in numbers.

            Comment


            • #21
              So I've been dinkin around the Champoeg course for a couple of years and had a lot of fun, but just recently decided to really get into the sport. I must say, after finding this great forum site and information, I am super excited about Horning's Hideout! Sounds like an awesome place, and very close too!

              Comment


              • #22
                Any update on the "concrete" tee pads?

                I got some time off coming up, and need to put together a road trip of disc golf. It would be great to put Horning's on the list if improvements have been made. I will probably go there anyway, but would hate to miss new tee pads by a week.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Seth.S View Post
                  So I've been dinkin around the Champoeg course for a couple of years and had a lot of fun, but just recently decided to really get into the sport. I must say, after finding this great forum site and information, I am super excited about Horning's Hideout! Sounds like an awesome place, and very close too!
                  Welcome!

                  And HH is all that and more. Hornings Hideou is to disc golf as the Field of Dreams is to Baseball.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We're now welding up the new targets, and they will meet the specs for championship tournaments. Next couple of weeks I'll be prepping the tee pads for poursing, flatening them out and such. The only thing that will slow the course down will be the weather. Hole 6, 7 and 8 need thinning of trees, and I can't get in the woods with a chainsaw right now (forest service retrictions on logging in dry, dry conditions). So we're prepping what we can and get in mostly set in. We have most of the holes marked now too, some folks have been playing it a bit. Comments are mostly two, epic, and the canyon course hole 13 and 18 now look like a walk in the park Total length will be right around 6900 feet, with a lot of up and down.
                    later

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      That's 383 feet per hole!

                      Amateur pads, please.
                      Oregon disc golf map

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Up until yesterday I was no sure of the exact placement of tee pads for holes 6, 7, 8 and 12. After measuring them and adding the numbers of fet to the totals I was wrong about the approx 6900 total feet, it's now 7,054 ft. Adam, we may get double tee pads in the future, but for now I figure on setting on the signs listing the par for both gold and blue tees on the same sign, so some of the longer par 3s will be par 4. We do have the course marked with cones right now and we're letting forlks play it to get input.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Can I say what great teepads these turned out to be (Gold Course). They are huge.

                          I normally stand at the end of the normal small pads (Greenway or Orchard) and then have a small run up to the front for my toss. These things you can park a small plane on.

                          Thanks again and great job,

                          -Mark

                          Comment

                          Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X