Any Chance HOOD RIVER course will be layed out better someday? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of the possible holes are up on the newly formed Hood River Disc Golf Club Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?v=...d=388718635927

Comment

nice pics, i joined the group
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Hey thanks again. My idea is being shopped around by Scott at P&R to some other DG'ers that he knows. Hope they like it. Thanks also for joining the FB page, I want to start linking up and playing some rounds with people on that. Maybe have a FB weekly or something. Does anyone know when the guys in The Dalles start there weeklies?

Comment

Originally posted by The Brodys View Post
          Hey thanks again. My idea is being shopped around by Scott at P&R to some other DG'ers that he knows. Hope they like it. Thanks also for joining the FB page, I want to start linking up and playing some rounds with people on that. Maybe have a FB weekly or something. Does anyone know when the guys in The Dalles start there weeklies?
          I know that there are some of them on here... you might want to ask that in the Sorosis Park forum page.
          Throw What You Know.
          PDGA# 45989

Comment

The course is run over by tall grass and leaf filled branches. The HRDGC is in some major need of some love. Hope to talk to PandR soon and figure out a way to remedy this. For now it is the long drive to The Dalles for us Hood DG'ers

Comment

The course is run over by tall grass and leaf filled branches. The HRDGC is in some major need of some love. Hope to talk to PandR soon and figure out a way to remedy this. For now it is the long drive to The Dalles for us Hood DG'ers
              I have a gas powered weed eater (available to me) and some pruning sheers. Just tell me when and where.
              Throw What You Know.
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Awesome, I will for sure post on here as soon as we get the ok! Thanks so much for your continued support!

Comment

They mowed the main fairways and I did not see a lot of P. Oak. We are gonna spend the evenings down there raking and maybe doing some branch clearing on a few holes. So it should be playable... Still no date on a work party... Hope it is soon.

Comment

We will be at the park around 6:30 Wed. evening trying to do some improvements if anyone wants to stop in for a short round or give us a hand. Rakes, gloves, pruning shears are the main weapons I think... Happy Discin' everyone

Comment

Jody and I did a lot of branch clearing on hole one and as much as we could on hole 8. Tonight we will focus on hole 2 and that side of the course. If anyone wants to come out we will be out there around 7pm. We have limited tools so rakes, trash bags, limb loppers and shovels might be good things to bring. Oh and gloves the blackberries are really pokey! Thanks and happy huckin'!

Comment

So hole one is really nice looking now, hole 2/4 has a large area of kinda thick brush, you might wanna throw around for now. That is the one area I saw some poison oak also. Holes 3/5 are pretty nice. Hole 6 has a bit of a rough fairway, but totally playable. Hole 7 is really blind and we suggest teeing off near hole 6 for a more playable shot. We hope to remedy hole 7's tee this evening. 8 was totally unplayable and now is playable, however you want to play it like its an island shot, because the black berries and grass are thick leading up to the green. Hole 9 has got little attention and as of last night the green was knee high grass. Its coming along.... slowly.

Comment

We cleared a little bit out of the 2/4 forest... However watch out for poison oak, it is there. We fixed it so that you can tee off from the tee on 7, it is still a hard blind shot though. Hope to see more people down there trampling some stuff. Happy Huckin'!

Comment

I know it is short notice, but anyone that can come out on Monday August
                            9th at 9a.m. We are going to change the layout of the Hood River course to make
                            it a more friendly pitch and putt style course. We will be digging up 3 baskets and moving them to new location and making some new tee placements. If you cant come out then, come out soon and try the new layout for some short up shot practice. Hope everyone is having a
                            great summer.

Comment

I know it is short notice, but anyone that can come out on Monday August
                              9th at 9a.m. We are going to change the layout of the Hood River course to make
                              it a more friendly pitch and putt style course. We will be digging up 3 baskets and moving them to new location and making some new tee placements. If you cant come out then, come out soon and try the new layout for some short up shot practice. Hope everyone is having a
                              great summer.
                              I hope to be able to play this this weekend. Will it be like the map you posted previously in this thread?
                              Throw What You Know.
                              PDGA# 45989

Comment

Hey Uhlman the course will be similar to that layout. We are going to be out there developing the tee pads on Sunday August 15th. They are very "natural" at this time.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X