Any Chance HOOD RIVER course will be layed out better someday? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you can live with 9 holes of pitch 'n' putt disc golf (all holes under 200'), then I think there are many possibilities.

The biggest problems now are where #2, #4, and #7 come together. Off the top of my head, here's an idea:
    • Make #2 shorter, but still a left hook.
    • Move #4's tee area to where #7's basket is now. (This would probably become #3, with subsequent holes being renumbered accordingy.)
    • Take out #7 altogether; that blind shot is by far the biggest hazard on the course.
    • Either leave it as an 8-hole course, or shorten #9 and find a way to squeeze in a new final hole that starts where the #9 basket is now and finishes near the kiosk.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

My girlfriend and I just got done playing a possible new layout at the Hood River course. It makes all shots less than 220 but none less than 115 or 120. Most are between 130-175. There would be limited movements of pins. I think it would play much safer and more beginner friendly. I will try to post my version of the map soon.

Comment

Oh yeah it was fun for the both of us. We just used putters and had a blast.

Comment

This is pretty janky but it was what I had to work with. Hope you can make sense of it if you played the other course http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...rison_Park.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by The Brodys View Post

This is pretty janky but it was what I had to work with. Hope you can make sense of it if you played the other course http://www.oregondiscgolf.com/course...rison_Park.jpg
            i like it not only does it look like it flows more smooth, it looks like you also solved that wacky two holes on one teepad idea.
            Throw What You Know.
            "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

How did you measure it BTW?
              Throw What You Know.
              PDGA# 45989

Comment

I measured with a 100 foot tape. They all could go a little bit longer I think. Thanks for you input.

Comment

Can't wait until I can get up there and have you show it to me.
                  Throw What You Know.
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Just drop me a line on here. I am free Sundays and after 6 any day. Now with the time change should be able to fit a round in after 6. My course layout takes half the time as the old one also.

Comment

This layout would require 3 basket moves and 4 new tees. Anyone have any idea how much concrete that would take? Just to plant the signs and buckets not for tee pads, hopefully that will come later.

Comment

between 1 to two bags of crete depending on teh size and depth of the hole or about 3cu ft. If I remember correclty it looked like the tee signs and holes were in 10gal buckets
                        Throw What You Know.
                        PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                          between 1 to two bags of crete depending on ther size and depth of the hole or about 3cu ft. If I remember correctly it looked like the tee signs and holes were in 10gal buckets
                          that is per hole.
                          Throw What You Know.
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

Thank you Uhlman.

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                              They had one plant marked but it was dead and brown. The park was quite dry. My wife was with me and she didnít have any issues with it and I may be one of those people that poison oak doesnít bother. The blackberries however, did scratch my legs something fierce.
                              The P.oak is almost gone completely and the blackberries are knocked way back. The land itself is coming along very nicely. Scott emailed me back about the course and said they are 4 sponsors away from having concrete tees. Sounds like it is a good time for a reconstruction before the tees are permanent.

Comment

The P.oak is almost gone completely and the blackberries are knocked way back. The land itself is coming along very nicely. Scott emailed me back about the course and said they are 4 sponsors away from having concrete tees. Sounds like it is a good time for a reconstruction before the tees are permanent.
                                yes it does
                                Throw What You Know.
                                PDGA# 45989

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X