X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hagg is mowed

We checked put Hagg today on our way to play Wortman. Hagg is mowed as of now
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Hagg was mowed recently. we went out last week and cleared out many limbs that were in the way. We went out today 8/28 and cleared out trash and marked all tee posts and toe boards with bright orange paint to maybe help out any newbies.

We are looking into signs soon. but no promise on completion date. Also looking into the thought of concrete tee pads, but thats far off as of now.

Unlike the State park courses or other publically funded courses, we are on our own. Any course up keep since it opened in 2003, besides the mowing has been the Hagg Crew paying for it.
    I know many bitch about the way the course is, but e only have about 7-8 of us at the most puttining work and funding into the course. We do what we can.
    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
      Hagg was mowed recently. we went out last week and cleared out many limbs that were in the way. We went out today 8/28 and cleared out trash and marked all tee posts and toe boards with bright orange paint to maybe help out any newbies.

We are looking into signs soon. but no promise on completion date. Also looking into the thought of concrete tee pads, but thats far off as of now.

Unlike the State park courses or other publically funded courses, we are on our own. Any course up keep since it opened in 2003, besides the mowing has been the Hagg Crew paying for it.
      I know many bitch about the way the course is, but e only have about 7-8 of us at the most puttining work and funding into the course. We do what we can.

It would be a lot more fun if the baskets/teepads were closer together on some of the more treacherous throws. Bring it down from a hard course to a medium course. I have played the course a few times and I really wish it was a fun course so I could go play it more often. It's pointless to go out there since it feels like Ill lose my disc if I really try to drive a disc through the overgrown fairways. If you cant maintain it very well then please consider building a smaller course that can be maintained and enjoyed by the community.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdank View Post
        It would be a lot more fun if the baskets/teepads were closer together on some of the more treacherous throws. Bring it down from a hard course to a medium course. I have played the course a few times and I really wish it was a fun course so I could go play it more often. It's pointless to go out there since it feels like Ill lose my disc if I really try to drive a disc through the overgrown fairways. If you cant maintain it very well then please consider building a smaller course that can be maintained and enjoyed by the community.
        The simple answer is go out and help make suggestions and do the work. Bring friends, work with the Hagg crew and start a work party. Don't wait for others to do what you are perfectly capable of doing yourself. Were are not sheeple but builders and doers that sometimes need a push.

I personally think Hagg is great and yes allthough it can use some clearing some of the rougher edges are what make it fun to play. I cannot wait to get out with the Hagg crew again.
        "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Philips View Post
          The simple answer is go out and help make suggestions and do the work. Bring friends, work with the Hagg crew and start a work party. Don't wait for others to do what you are perfectly capable of doing yourself. Were are not sheeple but builders and doers that sometimes need a push.

I personally think Hagg is great and yes allthough it can use some clearing some of the rougher edges are what make it fun to play. I cannot wait to get out with the Hagg crew again.

Who is the Hagg Crew? whats the best way to contact them? I didn't think there was any regulars out there.... I would not mind going out there and playing again. The course has lots of potential. I play in a few bag tag leagues and I have never heard anybody say anything positive about the place except for how happy they will be to not play disc golf there anymore. Those kind of courses are always my favorites because I like the peace and quiet. Its just really hard for me to motivate anyone else to travel out there from around west side Portland. If people play it, im down to meet up, especially since its fairly close to my neighborhood.
          Last edited by bigdank; October 4th, 2010, 10:45 PM.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X