X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Status

Jamie and I were talking about Hagg and how much we missed it recently.

Does anyone know what the status of Hagg is? Are all of the baskets pulled? Some of the baskets pulled? What's there and what's the plan?
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

I don't know the EXACT status, but I heard recently that nothing's changed since spring; the meadow holes are definitely gone. I never heard whether the woods holes were still in place though.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

talked to Jim the other day. He told me we should have an update in about 2 weeks, and should know then when we can get the course all back in.

until then, here is some work in progress:

All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Us regulars played Hagg on Sunday. Although the full course isnt ready to play, and may not be for some time. It is still worth playing. We played hole 1, then a long hole 6 from a tee near the walkout from hole 1. you then have to play the wood holes 9-15. Hole 16 is still in play, but from a modified tee. To play basket 18, tee off near where the original tee 17 was an it makes out for a monstrous hole. we called it a pr 7-8. I believe I heard that he Sun after thanksgiving, the park will be closed, so parking permits will be not needed after that.

Comment

so is it just the wood holes in the ground or have the meadows been put back yet??
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

The whole course is back. You'll have to ask Troy about storm damage; I think he said he was going out there this past weekend.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

For those of you who havent played Hagg Lake since it reopened, or played it in the last few weeks, check out this new approach shot for hole 16.

There really isnt much more storm damage this winter. There is a tree downed right by 14's basket, so the normal walkout is closed. A few more downed trees here and there, but the course survived the winter pretty well.

Comment

Having played Hagg for the first time ever today, I was overall impressed. A few holes need modified and cement tee pads and it would be an amazing course. Nice work to those involved!

And anyone know the current course record? I felt pretty good with my 2 or 3 over after 27 holes there today. Just curious!

Comment

I'm not even talking cement when I mention pads, even some coarse gravel would do wonders for the sticky slick mud that Hagg has. As far as the dam raising we were looking at the when we played hole 3 today, if they rose the water level to current dam height, I'm not even sure it would reach that basket but would give an AWESOME OB line to the right side.

Comment

ANy 1 else comments on this course now any1 been out there lately???

Thinking about tomm. around 1ish with t-ry and the boys??
                    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Its definitely playable. very soggy along the trails, and the field of course. The worst is fairway for 17 cause of the natural undergound springs. Most tee pads are mush right now. If this is your first time for awhile, there are a few changes. 2, 5, and 18 now share a triple teepad. the basket for 2 is now visible and to the right of where it was. 7 and 17 also share a tee, near the small trees. #8 teepad is about 1/2 way between basket 7 and old tee 8. the basket is visible from the tee now. all tee pads in the field are marked by 4x4's sticking up.

Comment

course as of 6-24-09

played hagg twice on fathers day and once early yesterday,
                        watch your throws ,use a referance point when it lands
                        saw a couple different people not so happy with the fairway rough
                        tried to explain to one that it is very raw and rough out there but very playable if just pay close attention,field isn't too bad but still need to pay close attention,the rough on some holes is pretty thick ,shot +6,+5,and +7 the +7 was -1 through 14, had to readjust before the ride home after a 5,4,5,6 finish, fucking biker scared the shiznizle out of me between 14 and 15, so regrouped on 15 tee but to no advail, did he think it was a biking trail or something, so if heading out to hagg bring a player or two for spotting or know the course real well

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X