Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea the moving of the course to the other side was mentioned a couple of years ago.

with the dam raising the water level there would be some holes lost from the orig. course anyway,so just pack it all up and start again. if needed....

1 on each side would be pretty sweet, but why not keep them close to each other to cut down on the pollution from all the cars traveling back and forth...
    "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Scott - last I heard there were 2 proposals for changing the water level of the lake, 25 and 50 feet if I remember correctly.

Do you know which was approved?

And to chime in with what Jeff and Mike said - great property, but the course doesn't flow too well...with all that space and a second 18 this could be McGiver West!

Comment

not that I like tall grass but the ruggedness is what I like about hagg, it's just around the corner from the in-laws, you don't see sunday family golfers or too many begginers, or for that too many people at all, I liked the old layout, changing two was just not right, flow yeah, clean a little more fairway yeah, add another course somewhere yeah, boots, jeans, beer, that's hagg at it's best

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
          Scott - last I heard there were 2 proposals for changing the water level of the lake, 25 and 50 feet if I remember correctly.

Do you know which was approved?

And to chime in with what Jeff and Mike said - great property, but the course doesn't flow too well...with all that space and a second 18 this could be McGiver West!

There were three models created - 20, 25, and 40. I think they are still in the study phase.

Comment

Played Hagg yesterday... think that maybe this is a good time of year for it... it's a stunningly beautiful setting, great wild life, awesome scenic views of the lake... but the flow does leave something to be desired... although, there's the silver lining that you're getting plenty of exercise, right? I really enjoyed a lot of the holes (even the ones in the crazy, beautiful woods and some of those insane uphill long ass field holes). I played it one time years ago when it was very first put in and it kicked my ass so badly I hadn't been back until yesterday... I'm glad I went back... it was a great disc golf adventure, that is for sure.

peace threw disc golf,
            emmarose
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by SMOKIN JOE View Post
              I liked the old layout, changing two was just not right,
              That's my biggest gripe with the Hagg redesign. Gutted a great hole and turned it into a joke. Disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
                That's my biggest gripe with the Hagg redesign. Gutted a great hole and turned it into a joke. Disappointing.
                And #2 wasn't the only meadow hole that got gutted.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

no, it just got the harshest treatment

Comment

I played it for the first time last Sunday. I thought it was an enjoyable course but the walkouts were crazy. I like the mix of meadow and woods but the flow just plain sucks.

Comment

So much wasted potential...
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X