X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conditions

Anybody know how Greenway's lookin'? We're thinking of playing there this afternoon and I wondered if it's still playable (i.e. has it flooded yet?).

Originally posted by Susie Sunshine View Post
    Anybody know how Greenway's lookin'? We're thinking of playing there this afternoon and I wondered if it's still playable (i.e. has it flooded yet?).
    How is Greenway playing these days? Still pretty wet? Under water?

Comment

I haven't been out there, but it basically hasn't rained at all for the last two and a half weeks, so my guess would be that it's soggy but not underwater.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

We were out there Saturday. A bit muddy in a couple of spots, but otherwise it's lookin pretty good. I dig the new tee signs and such.

Comment

The teesigns are definitely a nice touch. They make the course look more official for sure. The last hole is missing a signpost. I wonder if it's because there are plans to move or alter the hole.

One strange thing about the signs is the OB designations printed on them. OB is designated in the rough on a few holes in areas that local golfers have considered to be in play since the course opened, while the typical local custom of on/across paths being OB is not marked as such.

Comment

We've been trying to figure out the OB designations on the tee signs as well. I believe the "blackened" areas on the signs are out - the tee pads, paths, playgrounds, and the concrete pad on 5. It appears that the white areas on the sign are in play (even over the path), but the green "wooded" areas are out. That wooded area being out of bounds messes us up a bit, cause it's hard to tell where a clear "wooded area" border exists on holes like #4.

Also, are you playing hole 5 as a par 4? We were a bit surprised to see it labeled as such.

Comment

Also, are you playing hole 5 as a par 4? We were a bit surprised to see it labeled as such.
              Didn't even notice that. Definitely no par 4 holes at Greenway.

Comment

You could definitely make a case for #5 being a par 4, if you use the formula of "number of strokes it would take to reach the pin off the tee, plus two."
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  You could definitely make a case for #5 being a par 4, if you use the formula of "number of strokes it would take to reach the pin off the tee, plus two."
                  Lots of people, not me, can get to the circle off the tee. I have gotten pretty close rolling it though.

Comment

But the vast majority of DGers can't put it beyond 350' on flat ground. And if you're going to apply a formula to calculate par, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

By the way, I'm not necessarily saying that should be a par 4... just that I can see that it might be. Certainly, as far as 400' holes go, it's pretty easy, and you have to take the lack of trees and hazards into acount...
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The plus two rule is designated as a perfect drive, not any drive plus two.

Comment

Originally posted by Micah View Post
                        The plus two rule is designated as a perfect drive, not any drive plus two.
                        Obviously. But whose perfect drive? For most disc golfers, a "perfect" drive is still not 400'.
                        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          Obviously. But whose perfect drive? For most disc golfers, a "perfect" drive is still not 400'.
                          For a scratch golfer.

Comment

I rarely get a 3 on hole 5 but I'm stoked when I do. It feels wrong to call it a par 4, though, only cause I'm so used to playing the whole course as 3s.

I birdied hole 7 yesterday (formerly 6) and I was THRILLED! Not an easy hole for me and it was a rather long approach shot for the bird.

What in the hell is the deal with that new hole 9? I fear someone's going to be hit on that basketball court one day. Is that hole permanent? I'm not sure I like it....

Comment

What in the hell is the deal with that new hole 9? I fear someone's going to be hit on that basketball court one day. Is that hole permanent? I'm not sure I like it....
                              I got out there for a couple rounds yesterday morning to see this new hole 9 for myself. I agree with your assessment of it. Let's hope that it is not permanent.

260ft wide open, but with a basketball court on the left of the fairway 3/4 of the way down.

Problems with this hole:

Danger to people on the basketball court.

Extremely boring wide open straight shot. Less than a full pump for most people.

On the other side of the park from both hole 8 and hole 1, making for long walkouts to get there and to return to the rest of the course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X