X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes?

I'm meeting with someone that works for THPRD on monday or tuesday and I'm going to walk the park with him so suggest some improvements/ new holes/ new placements and also discuss an information bulletin board as well as signs. Here are my goals:

Hole 1: New placement further back (add 50-100 ft)
    Hole 2: Move the teepad back and get it cemented in
    Hole 3: New placement further back and left (add ~20 ft)
    Hole 4: New placement further back or maybe to the left (add ~25 ft)
    Hole 5: New placement to the left back into the corner
    Hole 6: ???
    Hole 7: New placement further back to the left into the corner (add 50-75 ft)
    Hole 8: New placement behind back tree (add ~30 ft)
    Hole 9: New placement to the left and maybe a little further

Also: Bring the old hole 9 back/ add more holes in that area
    Add 1-2 more holes in the unused grass area across the new bridge.

I'll get to work on one of the maps to show what I'm talking about..

Any suggestions??

Comment

What about the open area along the path south of #8? Any possibility for one or two holes in there?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

That area is right behind my house and unless you want really short holes, the houses might come into play so unfortunately no. I make my own holes with my basket in that area all the time but it's too risky for beginners to play. Further south than that would be enough room for a separate course but it's all fenced off as a protected area or something like that.

Comment

It looks like the east side of that southernmost area could easily host a 200-footer that wouldn't be any danger to the houses if it played toward the southeast; but I guess you don't really have room for another one that would come back north. Still, if you wanted an even 12 holes.....

Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Ya I thought about that but like you said, it's just a dead end...

Comment

I don't necessarily agree with all of Brody's proposed changes. Longer holes don't necessisarlily = better holes. Greenway is a great way to introduce new people to the sport and learn the game; it shouldn't try to be too much.

Also, the master plan for Greenway park is to have a balance of high-use and protected areas. The new creek area is going to be set aside as a natural area - I don't expect to ever see the old hole 9 return. Likewise, I wouldn't expect 7 to lengthen into the woods, either.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                Likewise, I wouldn't expect 7 to lengthen into the woods, either.
                I don't think those are "woods"; it would just be further back behind more evergreens that are mostly open underneath.

And Brody, you're talking about alternate placements, not permanent relocations... correct?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                  I don't think those are "woods"; it would just be further back behind more evergreens that are mostly open underneath.

And Brody, you're talking about alternate placements, not permanent relocations... correct?
                  That is correct. And I'm not going for length on purpose for the reasons Scott stated. I'm recommending new placements to relieve that current placements for a little while so some grass can start to grow back.

Comment

Scott, I'm not trying to make the course permanently harder. I'm just trying to change it up so there isn't as much foot traffic around one basket. Also, I'm trying to get more holes in so the groups are spread out and more people can be playing at once without a long wait on each hole.

The course alterations are not my only goal. We're going to discuss tee signs and a kiosk or something with information about the course and disc golf in general.

If some of these changes are made, I'm gladly going to volunteer my time to maintain the course (change placements, post new info on the kiosk, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      I don't expect to ever see the old hole 9 return.
                      I have my hopes up that it might because the old ground sleeve is still there. If they weren't considering bringing it back, they would've just removed it when they moved the basket or re-routed the creek.

Comment

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
                        I have my hopes up that it might because the old ground sleeve is still there. If they weren't considering bringing it back, they would've just removed it when they moved the basket or re-routed the creek.
                        We can always dream.

Comment

ug. I'm just barely able to throw par on this course. now i might have to try harder After reading the foot trafic reason for the movements I am more agreeable to most of them. I am skeptical about hole one as i think there is a picnic table and often people at the proposed new location. and the location change on 7 might make me toss a few more in the water, but that might be just me 8 could potentially send more disks into the childrens area unless i missread the map. I like 10 and 11 . I play this coarse at least 5 times a week and plan to continue through the winter. Brody, If you want help on maintinence, cleanup, or wahtever to help keep up this area I will be happy to help.

-Z

Comment

Originally posted by Zetoyoc View Post
                            I am skeptical about hole one as i think there is a picnic table and often people at the proposed new location. and the location change on 7 might make me toss a few more in the water, but that might be just me 8 could potentially send more disks into the childrens area unless i missread the map.
                            Well the table could easily be moved on hole 1.

As far as hole 7 goes.. Just throw up the middle as if you were going to the current placement and it's just a little further back.

Hole 8: you have misread the map. The angle would be further away from the children area.

Hey I'm sure I'd recognize your face on the course since I play there everyday but I don't recognize your forum name... who are you?

Thanks for offering to help.

Comment

Ah yes, I see it now, you are correct on hole 8. As you discribe them, the changes sound great. It would be a shame to make mud holes around the current pins.

I found the forum a few days ago and decided i couldn't keep my mouth shut So here I am. I live next to the course and would like to be a part of its upkeep.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X