Changes? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
    Man.....Scott is such a "thinks he knows about Greenway Park but doesn't even live near the park freak". I think that is almost as bad as a "nature freak"!

    Comment


    • #32
      Brody thanks for taking the time to meet with the parks guy, the one hole placement that I would hesitate to agree with you on is hole 9 it sounds like it would make for an easy rhbh hyzer path maybe a placement much farther left next to the proposed stream bank would work well.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by Micah View Post
        Brody thanks for taking the time to meet with the parks guy, the one hole placement that I would hesitate to agree with you on is hole 9 it sounds like it would make for an easy rhbh hyzer path maybe a placement much farther left next to the proposed stream bank would work well.
        I agree but the closer we get to nature/ the stream, the less of a chance to get any change at all. The spot I proposed to the parks guy is about 30 ft from the water. Sorry that my drawing sucks.

        Comment


        • #34
          A card-carrying member of the enviro freaks.

          The park belongs to all of the tax payers of Beaverton and there are many who use the park for other reasons other than disc golf. We need to respect that. Not one person owns the park regardless of how many miles they ran those trails to how many drives have been tossed from the tee pads.

          And on a side note:
          As an "environmental freak" who teaches environmental science AND plays A LOT of disc golf, all park users need to strike a balance with the needs of the ecosystem and how we use the land. If we abuse it, we lose it. It's called conservation and this idea goes back to Teddy Roosevelt. The land is there for us to use but at the same time, we need to maintain it for future use. If a change in the course might harm the ecosystem you should care because it's all interconnected.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Carie CPink View Post
            The park belongs to all of the tax payers of Beaverton and there are many who use the park for other reasons other than disc golf. We need to respect that. Not one person owns the park regardless of how many miles they ran those trails to how many drives have been tossed from the tee pads.

            And on a side note:
            As an "environmental freak" who teaches environmental science AND plays A LOT of disc golf, all park users need to strike a balance with the needs of the ecosystem and how we use the land. If we abuse it, we lose it. It's called conservation and this idea goes back to Teddy Roosevelt. The land is there for us to use but at the same time, we need to maintain it for future use. If a change in the course might harm the ecosystem you should care because it's all interconnected.
            Nicely said, Carrie. Way better than I could have put it.

            Oh, one other thing. Please do me a favor and go slap Pizzel up the side of his head.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
              Let's get something straight... I'm not going for an 18 hole course!
              Did I say you were?

              Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
              Scott, I know for a fact that I play this course way more than you and everyone else for that matter
              So you play there more than I do. Doesn't mean you own the park. As Carrie pointed out, the park is owned by the taxpayers. It's as much mine as it is yours. It is owned equally by people who have never even set foot in the park.


              Brody - I don't like where this is going. This conversation is taking a seriously negative turn, and that's not what I was going for at all. In fact, many of the changes you propose (kiosk, signs) would be GREAT additions to the park and are sorely needed.

              I don't necessarily agree with all of your proposed changes, but that's OK. We don't have to agree in order to get along, right?

              I beleive we would be doing the park a dis-service if we did not openly discuss all of the proposed changes.

              Once my back and job settle down I'd love to come out to Greenway and play a couple of rounds with you. That way I could see in person the changes you are proposing.

              Comment


              • #37
                Aw, man... we were SO CLOSE to an ODSA thread. Jeez, Scott...
                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Sam View Post
                  Aw, man... we were SO CLOSE to an ODSA thread. Jeez, Scott...
                  Shut up you stoopid ass monkey.

                  How was that?

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Ahhhhh....

                    Thanks.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Did I say you were?

                      So you play there more than I do. Doesn't mean you own the park. As Carrie pointed out, the park is owned by the taxpayers. It's as much mine as it is yours. It is owned equally by people who have never even set foot in the park.

                      I don't necessarily agree with all of your proposed changes, but that's OK. We don't have to agree in order to get along, right?

                      Once my back and job settle down I'd love to come out to Greenway and play a couple of rounds with you. That way I could see in person the changes you are proposing.
                      Not directly but it seems like everyone thinks I'm trying to take over the entire park.

                      That is correct but I live along the park which means I probably care for it more since it's my backyard. I think Greenway Park is an amazing park and you're right about it being a nice mixture of nature and recreational areas. Being someone that has been to both ends of the park, I know that there is definitely a TON of protected nature areas and I personally think that there should be more recreation areas.

                      I'll wait for that day. Hopefully we'll have some changes achieved so I can show you what I'm working for.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Hey Carie,

                        Really the point that I was trying to make earlier was that too much of something good usually becomes bad. I care for the environment, recycle like crazy, and try to conserve as much as logically possible. I'm all for preserving the earth, but I get frustrated when good "green" efforts are made, then to be shut down by people being way too extreme.

                        Really all the frustration is coming from my wind power experiences, but it slightly relates to this subject.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                          I care for the environment, recycle like crazy, and try to conserve as much as logically possible. I'm all for preserving the earth, but I get frustrated when good "green" efforts are made, then to be shut down by people being way too extreme.
                          I completely agree with you, Sean. Too often, conservation gets confused with preservation. Conservation is about striking balance while preservation is protecting the environment for it's intrinsic value of being there. (I talk a lot about this in my environmental class). With all things, MODERATION! From the types of food we eat, the stuff we drink and our activities inside and outside of the home. Extremes cause divisions...

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            blah blah blah


                            Wow, shouldn't this thread be moved to "controversial" topics...before someone who cares too much about something says something to someone who doesn't do anything about something compared to something remotely related to something that they have given up doing something about? There--hopefully I didn't offend anyone that's too sensitive about something...

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I've been maintaining contact with the parks guy and it looks like they'll be putting in the hole 2 tee pad soon. Also, I got a surprise email saying that they will be doing nice hole signs instead of the stencils on the tee pads.

                              The bad news is that hole 9 might have to be moved because there is more work that needs to be done in that area.

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X