X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doubles Tournament at The Grand lodge

Wednesday was the 2nd free doubles tournament at the grand Lodge. A good time was had by all in this very casual event. A big thank you goes out to Garry Hanley for setting this up. Hopefully this event can continue on the every two weeks on wednesday nights at 6:00 pm format. THANKS AGAIN GARRY!

I was at the first one, but missed last night because of work. I heard a good friend of mine took 3rd place last night.
    DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
    http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

This was a lot of fun. My first doubles event and I had a Grand time and Grand Lodge. Thanks to Garry and to Mcmenamins. I hope there will be many more of these in the future.
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

I thought about going, but knew it would be stressful getting out there in time. Also, I heard from the first week that it was BYOP, but you would be matched up with someone if you didn't have a partner. I think I'd rather play all random or all BYOP.

In any event, I'm excited to see Grand Lodge getting more involved with the course that they have sitting on their front lawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I thought about going, but knew it would be stressful getting out there in time. Also, I heard from the first week that it was BYOP, but you would be matched up with someone if you didn't have a partner. I think I'd rather play all random or all BYOP.

In any event, I'm excited to see Grand Lodge getting more involved with the course that they have sitting on their front lawn.
          We really wanted to keep it casual...that's why we didn't make it one way or the other...it actually ended up working pretty well...after the first event, we kept it in the optional format (BYOP or let us pick a partner) because it seemed that one of the benefits of that was that more ladies were inclined to play...

and on that note...we're playing around with the idea of a ladies division...even if there's just a handful of us, I think it would be really cool.
          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Doubles Tournament at Grand Lodge

Hey Frizbeerose Welcome Aboard!
            I think its a great idea to get more women started in the sport. I think some women would feel more comfortable learning disc golf in the company of other women. I remember that one shy lady who was there the 1st night and said she only plays at the Grand Lodge. As far as keeping this going for the rest of the summer season (early October) and keeping it a free event, I think everyone had so fun that we don't really need prizes. Just getting to play disc golf in good company on a Wednesday evening is a prize for me.

Comment

The free doubles tournament at the GRAND Lodge is on again. Its Wednesday night (August 19th) at 6:00 pm. Sign Up starts at 5:30. bring a partner or there is random draw if you come alone. Come and have a fun time.

Comment

I'm gonna make it to the one tomorrow.
                DGCR #4424

My Photography Link:
                http://www.modelmayhem.com/2162

Comment

I don't know how many people will show up because of the the heat but there is a lot of shade on the course . I played at Orchards twofer tuesday when it was 106 so this shouldn't be that bad. See you there.

Comment

I want to go so bad, but we have a sick kitty that I have to stay home with. I hope they do it again this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
                      I want to go so bad, but we have a sick kitty that I have to stay home with. I hope they do it again this summer.
                      We're going to keep going with this on an every other week schedule as we have been having such a great time with it until the weather gets too nasty and the evening light disappears on us...

I'm sorry you have a sick kitty, but i admire your compassion in staying home and taking care of her/him.

I really look forward to meeting any and all folks who are able to make it out...

also...my partner bailed on me, so I'll be needing someone to play with probably...

Comment

Originally posted by discdog View Post
                        I don't know how many people will show up because of the the heat but there is a lot of shade on the course . I played at Orchards twofer tuesday when it was 106 so this shouldn't be that bad. See you there.

Leo,

Thank you so much for helping get the word out about this...

emmarose

Comment

Randy and I also got out there, and it was a nice experience. I like that the course is a lot shorter. This is the first time we'd been out to Grand Lodge, and the course has enough obstacles to keep it interesting, even with the shorter holes.

I talked to Garry, and he said that they're looking at having a beginner clinic in September. I'm really looking forward to it! I need all the help I can get.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X