X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• car break-in @ dabney

hi all look out at dabney a friend of mine car was broken into tonight they got a lot off stuff so be aware keep you stuff out of site

Who was it Murray? Kev, Rob??
    educate your thinking

Comment

Which parking lot? Upper or lower?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I know a couple of the local thieves out there got busted, but it looks like there is plenty more. I love Dabney, but this is one of the reasons I dont like to play it much, or wont take my own car there. It sucks. A great course but you have to have thieves on your mind your whole round
        All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

it was the upper

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
            I know a couple of the local thieves out there got busted, but it looks like there is plenty more. I love Dabney, but this is one of the reasons I dont like to play it much, or wont take my own car there. It sucks. A great course but you have to have thieves on your mind your whole round
            I play there on the regular and having my car broken into is never on my mind. I do always leave it empty though. If you leave shit in your car out there you're just asking for someone to pop in and take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Olson View Post
              I play there on the regular and having my car broken into is never on my mind. I do always leave it empty though. If you leave shit in your car out there you're just asking for someone to pop in and take it.
              So the expectation is that if you leave anything in your car that is valuable to someone else your car will be broken into.
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                So the expectation is that if you leave anything in your car that is valuable to someone else your car will be broken into.
                Knowing Dabney's reputation for break-ins, yes. Leaving anything in the car there, especially visible, is like asking for someone to take it.

Comment

The official bird of East County goes TWEAK TWEAK TWEAK!

Comment

Which is why I just cleaned out my car so I don't have anything of value in the backseat!
                    Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                    DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

And why I just leave mine unlocked with a dirty syringe and a vial of clorox on the console.

Hopefully they shoot before they loot...

Comment

Nothing new, Dabney has always had break-ins. Sucks cuz Dabney is a fun course to play. What about parked up on the street? Is that a better spot to park?

Comment

Yeah - and to be honest, the only one I was aware of was a college guy heading home to Washington after one last Dabney round that had his laptop ripped off.

The car was FULL of visible goodies with no visible sign of break in - forgotten unlocked or thieves with skillz, sucks, but it seemed like he left a laptop on the front seat in full view, mid-day, week day, upper lot, right side, one of the last two spots.

Lest anyone ask that I 'splain mo!

Comment

Originally posted by PARR View Post
                            Nothing new, Dabney has always had break-ins. Sucks cuz Dabney is a fun course to play. What about parked up on the street? Is that a better spot to park?
                            I doubt it, and I'm not sure it's legal anyway.

Most people I know park in the lower lot, the theory being that thieves want to make a quick getaway and go for cars nearer to the park entrance.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

It seems this sh*t happens often enough there to merit a video camera stake out.
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X