X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Hazard - It Means Your Disc is Not Your Disc Anymore

Playing hole 2 Wednesday night, I see a guy in the pond. We ask if we can play through and they say that they are not playing and to go ahead. We throw our drives and proceed to walk to the basket. The guy's woman was sitting next to the bank of the pond with a box full of discs and a sign that says, "Discs, $5 Each".

I ask the woman if they sell everything they find in the pond. She responds yes. I then ask her about discs that come out of there with names and numbers on them. At first she is like, "Yeah... we return those discs." I said good and she says, "Well... except for the ones we find in here. We call on everything else we find but not the ones we find here. Those we sell. Water hazard."

I say, "water hazard? What do you mean?" She responds with, "If they lost it in the water and didn't go and get it, they don't own the disc anymore."

I swear... I almost said, "Brian... is that you? Why are you dressed up like a woman?"

I didn't. Instead, I said, "Well, what if they tried to look for it and couldn't find it? Or, what if they had intended to come back and get it later?"

She replied, "Water hazard. Those discs are ours now since we took the time to go and get them."

I could see it was about to get ugly so I said, "Well, I think you should do what you can to return people's property to them regardless of where you find it" and just walked away.

So... someone might want to alert the rangers the next time these jerks are out there.
    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Crap on a cracker.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

You should have taken their picture and told the rangers or better yet the state police when they make their occasional patrols - not sure about the law here, but my take on it is that they were selling stolen property...probably didn't have a concessionaire's license with the park either.

We should just start a thread on here of douche-like behavior and photograph the people doing it...nothing dampens their enthusiasm like people knowing what they're up to...

Comment

I really don't hear much about discs lost in the pond at Dabney.
        How many does everyone think are in that pond on a monthly basis?

Maybe if someone meets this couple again they can gets some names or a license plate and car description. If you are real smooth talker someone might be able to get a phone number. The internet is great place to advertise the names of thieves in the local area.

Comment

Somehow, I don't think that they would have posed for a picture.
          ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

They were sitting behind a sign that said discs, $5 - they were already posing.

You don't need to ask for smiles...just turn your back, get the camera ready, spin and shoot.

Instant, candid shot for the rogues gallery.

Hope they're out there tonight!

Originally posted by Sam View Post
            Somehow, I don't think that they would have posed for a picture.

Comment

I am guessing they will be. It almost seemed like they had set up shop... Walkout from the 2 pad to the basket going left.
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                I am guessing they will be. It almost seemed like they had set up shop... Walkout from the 2 pad to the basket going left.
                By the bridge, you mean?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Film at 11 - I'll bring my camera with the movie mode...

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                    By the bridge, you mean?
                    Between the two bridges, I think. Maybe they live under one of them. I don't know...
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I was at next adventure today and noticed their used bins were overflowing. After a closer look most of the discs apperaed to have come from what I though might have been trojan. Many with the discolored look of muddy waters and others with dirt or mud that had dried onto the discs without being wiped clean. Your friends may have offed their loot at next adventure.

Comment

bring a big group of guys, and just take all their discs. they will think twice about it next time, if they lost all the work they put in. after all, stealing something that is stolen for the purpose of returning isnt wrong.

Comment

Right On Ryana

March them right over to the found disc bin and dump 'em in...unless they're yours - or my blue Rose City Boss...

Comment

I saw the pair in question at Dabney in the last week or two. It's a sketchy enterprise they have going, for sure, but they looked like they needed the money more than I would need a disc that I lost.

Comment

they need to start an award system, i lived in san diego for 5 years and playing at morley field they have a 1$ reward from the pro shop for and found discs, then the pro shop calls u and then u have 30 days to pick it up before the pro shop turns it into a rental, 1$ to get ur lost disc back is not bad at all lol, all i know is every disc i lost at morley field, i got a phone call and got it back for a $buck, iv lost about 3 times more discs at dabney and i have not got one back.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X