X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• storm damage

Lots of really big oak limbs on the ground yesterday. The park was open but the disc course parking lot was closed, probably due to the risk of falling trees. The worst damage is probably on hole one, where an entire tree or two has come down right across the fairway. Remember the big cluster of trees a third of the way down the fairway on the left? It looks like a couple of the trees there collapsed entirely.

Other than that and a bit of standing water the course played great. If you're headed there and the parking lot by hole one is still closed, you can park further down the main road on the right, just past the bridge over the creek. It's a short walk from there to hole 11's tee.

That is very sad to hear. At the fatality rates I have seen since I started playing Champoeg, the grove will be gone before I will. There were some attempts to cordon off areas and allow some regrowth, and there is the area to the west of the course that's fairly untouched, but I can't help but wonder what I can do to help future generations enjoy the oak grove as I do...
    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
      That is very sad to hear. At the fatality rates I have seen since I started playing Champoeg, the grove will be gone before I will. There were some attempts to cordon off areas and allow some regrowth, and there is the area to the west of the course that's fairly untouched, but I can't help but wonder what I can do to help future generations enjoy the oak grove as I do...
      I have to think that parking all those old classic cars (which might leak oil on the ground) cannot help. Agreed, most are in great shape and do not leak, but only one leaky car can kill a tree. In any event, parking on the fairways is not conducive to good forest management (as opposed to people walking).

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X