Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local tournament @ champoeg

http://www.topspinonline.net/discgolf

Going to be a singles tournament with LD, PUTT, and CTP side competion also.

Looks like fun. I have a few questions:

Will there be multiple divisions, or just one?
    How many rounds?
    Is this event sanctioned by the park? Will the course be closed to other golfers during the tournament?
    What percentage of the fees will be paid out?
    Will there be any sort of player's pack?

You may want to note that this is on 8/29 @ 8:00 AM. I didn't find it on the topspin site but eventually found it on the facebook page.

Thanks!

Comment

To be honest I just came across it and wanted to help it out with a little publicity here.

Comment

Well, that lets me out. I don't want to join FaceBook to sign up for a tournament.
        Last edited by TreeLove; August 5th, 2010, 06:27 PM.
        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Can't you just go to the topspin site?

Comment

Yeah, Scott, looks like the entire flyer is right there! Division info, event date, time, online registration, everything! Now I regret having popped off at all. Just because you didn't read the web site, doesn't mean I should have also failed to!
            Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
            Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
            Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
            Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
            Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Hey guys if you are interested in this tournament you can find all of the details and register/pay online from the following website:

www.topspinonline.net/discgolf

A few details:
              -Sunday, Aug 29th
              -Tee off at 9am, arrive no later than 8:30am
              -$19 entrance fee ($5 cash/car required by park for parking, paid to Champoeg)
              -Singles play, 1 division
              -Long drive, closest to pin and putt competitions ($2 cash paid at tourny for putt competition)

@TreeLove:
              Check out the site above for details and registration, there is no need to be on Facebook RSVPing to the evnt via Facebook is only to build buzz.

@Scott:
              As this is our first tournament we decided to only play one division, once we better understand our demographic we plan to expand into more divisions.

2 rounds, Champoeg State Park has 15 holes

The park would not allow us to completely reserve the course, so there is a possibility of other some public use.

Percentage cash prizes will be decided once we determine how many participants we will get. We are hoping for around 50-100 which would entail roughly $200 and $100 if we get 50 or $300 and $200 if we get 100 for 1st and 2nd place, no guarantees.

There will be no player's pack.

Comment

My bad - I didn't see the flyer at the bottom of the page.

Comment

It's all good the webpage isn't the sexiest thing I tried to make it a bit more friendly based on your feedback tho. Hope it helps. And always feel free to email me any questions at joshbrown@topspinonline.net. Thanks!

Josh
                  Owner, Topspin Sports

Comment

And thanks for the plug Kevin!

Comment

so there is no players pack and the park isn't reserved and i still have to pay parking? what am i paying for? maybe i'll come down and play through just to compare scores with the suckers who paid.
                      ________
                      Chrysler Cordoba Specifications
                      Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 02:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonesy View Post
                        so there is no players pack and the park isn't reserved and i still have to pay parking? what am i paying for? maybe i'll come down and play through just to compare scores with the suckers who paid.
                        You're paying for the dude who comes in first.

Comment

Cancelled

I was gonna go to this on Sunday... went to the website and its cancelled... hmm guess not.
                          Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Wow... big fail at Champoeg. I guess they need to retract their newspaper article.
                            Disc golf ruined my life.

Comment

Lame.
                              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X