X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respect.

I just wanted to take a few minutes to clamber up on my soapbox and point out a few things that I feel will be very important to the long term.

First off, I was out playing Blue Lake yesterday and already there was some trash being left behind on the course. I am going to talk to the park staff about getting a few trashcans placed out on the course, but please pack out your trash. We are guests in this park, and if we don't take care of this course we are going to lose it. I don't think any of us want to see that.

Secondly, the park closes at dusk and the closing time is posted at the front gate of Blue Lake. The park staff has been incredibly accommodating and supportive of this course, and for that I am extremely grateful. However, when the day is done, just like you and I, these folks just want to get home and relax. Please make sure you finish your round and are on your way out when the park closes. Already they've been having to chase people out of the park at closing time... every night that it has been open. I did talk to Metro staff today, and they are holding off on ticketing people who stay late in the park for a bit, but I can assure you if it keeps happening... the tickets will be waiting on cars.

Thirdly, please do not walk across the concrete dam on Hole 7. Use the walk-out up by the road.

That's all for now. I don't mean to be preachy, but I am so excited about the possibilities of this course that I want to make sure we don't put it at risk by doing stupid things. If we respect the course and the park staff we will be able to enjoy this course for a very long time... if we don't... we won't.

Jeff
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Wow. The park has been open less than 48 hours and already there is a need to post this.

C'mon people - RESPECT!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      Wow. The park has been open less than 48 hours and already there is a need to post this.

C'mon people - RESPECT!
      It really was not that bad, but I am definitely trying to get us all moving in the right direction BEFORE it does become a problem.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

How are they defining "dusk"? 30 minutes after sunset?
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          How are they defining "dusk"? 30 minutes after sunset?
          They have the closing time posted in HUGE letters at the front entrance. It is 8:30pm right now, but it will change as the time does.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
            First off, I was out playing Blue Lake yesterday and already there was some trash being left behind on the course.
            Thanks Jeff --

I picked up 3 grocery bags of garbage on the course on Sunday morning. I was especially irritated by the beer cans being left out there.

If you see people drinking on the course, remind them of what happened with Columbia View.

If you see people leaving trash (including cigarette butts) please ask them not to.
            DGOD Tag #2
            Grip Lok Tag #17

Who wants to play?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Kelly View Post
              Thanks Jeff --

I picked up 3 grocery bags of garbage on the course on Sunday morning. I was especially irritated by the beer cans being left out there.

If you see people drinking on the course, remind them of what happened with Columbia View.

If you see people leaving trash (including cigarette butts) please ask them not to.
              I have found that you have to have a garbage can at every third tee pad, otherwise the garbage will pile up. While most disc golfers are great about picking up, there are a few that really don't give a damn, are idiots and make the rest of us look bad. They have no concept that since they actually have packed it onto the course that they should still carry it once they have used up whatever they have, hence the need for multiple garbage cans.

Comment

unfortunately most humans do not understand this concept.

Comment

we found some trash but
                  i do suspect that the most often left behind items will be discs

my favorite 163 red star archon is in the left rough about 50 feet to the south of hole 13 basket

dont throw or go in the rough. ever.
                  have fun

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X