X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Course Re-Arranged by Inmate Work Crew

Just got back from a Benson/Rooster Rock trip, and noticed that Benson has had some not-so-helpful rearrangement. Holes 3, 4, 5, and 8 were moved considerably - with 4 being on the wrong side of the creek, and 8 placed about 60 yards further down the path toward the picnic area. Hole 9 was moved a small amount, but placed directly in the throw path of hole 1. Just wish a bit more thought would have been put in.

Originally posted by airborneherpes View Post
    Just wish a bit more thought would have been put in.
    Thanks for the heads up. Sounds like they messed it up real good.

BTW, do you really need a user name like "airborneherpes"? Just saying...

Comment

Eric and I went out to Benson on Saturday. We played the only 4 holes that were actually still the same and playable (1, 2, 5, and 7), and couldn't figure out how in the world to play the rest of the stuff they moved around. If they were going to move the baskets around in such a way, it would have been helpful to have tees available and some sort of signage. Weird.

Anybody know anything about the plan for the course or the reasoning behind the moves?

Comment

I spoke to the State Parks people at Rooster last spring and they mentioned that they were going to be changing the water shots to keep discs and people out of the salmon stream.

Another friend familiar with the planning and the impact of I-84 going in over marshes and streams said that because the stream at Benson runs through culverts with natural bottoms, the salmon have managed to thrive where other streams with full-tubes have been harder for them to deal with.

It's Benson, not much more than a mid-short game practice spot anyway, but I do like to run out there with a couple of rocs and play left hand v. right.

If I run into park staff out there I'll ask what the go-forward plan is...

Comment

Any more news on plans for Benson?

Played out there this sunday after Rooster and I see they have spray painted suggested tee pads.

Does anyone have news on what the plan is for getting new tee pads put in?

I agree this is not much more than a pitch and putt/practice course but from what I observed, Lots of first timers were out there, it would be nice to give people a better impression of the sport than spray painted tee pads.

Comment

I went out there for the first time and had absolutly no problem navigating this park. There is a sign at the beggining that explains the course, plus every basket was numbered and visible from the tee. Deffinatly a great course for some aces, or first timers. I don't think there was anything over 230 feet. Does anybody know the park hours? They weren't listed. Im thinking about getting a glow league together and this course would be perfect.

Comment

Is the sign at the beginning new? Does it accurately reflect the holes? I was under the impression that the holes shooting over the creek had been removed. Is that correct?

Comment

Originally posted by zombie41 View Post
                I went out there for the first time and had absolutly no problem navigating this park. There is a sign at the beggining that explains the course, plus every basket was numbered and visible from the tee. Deffinatly a great course for some aces, or first timers. I don't think there was anything over 230 feet. Does anybody know the park hours? They weren't listed. Im thinking about getting a glow league together and this course would be perfect.
                State park can't be there at night. Usually the hours flux with the time of the year...usually right at sunset.

Comment

I just played the course with my 12 year old boy two weeks ago. I think the changes make the course way funner to play and a bit more challenging.

I also found it easy to navigate.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X