4th of July Weekend Disc Golf Tournament; Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 4th of July Weekend Disc Golf Tournament;

    July 3rd, 2010
    Independence Bash Random Doubles
    1 Round of 18 holes featuring New “Back 9”
    Free to all with an optional $3 fundraiser Acepot (2 to the pot, 1 to the course).
    Check in 9:00 am
    Tee off 9:30 am
    Last edited by Uhlman; June 12th, 2010, 12:02 PM.
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

  • #2
    Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
    Disc Golf Tournament;
    Open to male and female competitors;
    Various games, and skill shots.

    More info as I have it.
    sweeeeet...
    PDGA # 52916
    CRDGC
    TCDGC
    FWWDGC
    PDGC

    Comment


    • #3
      This touney will be on July 3rd. More info as I have it.
      Throw What You Know.
      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
      PDGA# 45989

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
        This touney will be on July 3rd. More info as I have it.
        If you could bring any information you have with you to the next Flying Onion (if you are coming). I will make sure to broadcast it at the tournament.
        If you are unable to attend just get it to me and I will do the same. If you get a flier etc before then email it to me or link it and I will print and post it on the news board at the park.

        Kris

        Comment


        • #5
          ~Bump~ added info to first post
          Throw What You Know.
          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
          PDGA# 45989

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
            July 3rd, 2010
            Independence Bash Random Doubles
            1 Round of 18 holes featuring New “Back 9”
            Free to all with an optional $3 fundraiser Acepot (2 to the pot, 1 to the course).
            Check in 9:00 am
            Tee off 9:30 am
            random doubles I do like the logo thou... The bull kicking the disc in . I get it
            Last edited by 3 Fingers; June 12th, 2010, 08:57 AM. Reason: added more
            PDGA # 52916
            CRDGC
            TCDGC
            FWWDGC
            PDGC

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
              random doubles I do like the logo thou... The bull kicking the disc in . I get it
              The reason we picked random doubles is that we felt it was best way to meet other disc golfers and help grow the sport in Pendleton. Don’t worry you won’t have to split the ace pot with your partner if you win it. There may also be other “Events” too we are still working those details out.
              Throw What You Know.
              "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
              PDGA# 45989

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                The reason we picked random doubles is that we felt it was best way to meet other disc golfers and help grow the sport in Pendleton. Don’t worry you won’t have to split the ace pot with your partner if you win it. There may also be other “Events” too we are still working those details out.
                I'll still be there Uhlman.I was just testing your chains
                PDGA # 52916
                CRDGC
                TCDGC
                FWWDGC
                PDGC

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                  The reason we picked random doubles is that we felt it was best way to meet other disc golfers and help grow the sport in Pendleton. Don’t worry you won’t have to split the ace pot with your partner if you win it. There may also be other “Events” too we are still working those details out.
                  So how does the new 9 play?
                  Expect a small collection of Walla Walla huckers...trying to bring as many as I can but some are turned away that other than aces there is nothing to win

                  How does the park feel in regards to alcohol use? Fort Walla Walla is a feel free to drink....responsibly. Just making sure I have my bases covered when I attempt to bring others.
                  Man....I loved the bull better than the flag design

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The back 9 flows well but there is a lot of Steep uphill and downhill play. In addition, most of the holes are Wide Open. Be sure to bring something understable as there are some steep uphill holes. The tee areas are a little rough but I except that they will get better as time goes on. A few bull snakes that live there but they will retreat when you come near. Although I have not heard any but there also may be some rattlers’ out there (and I’m not talking about the disc) All Snakes are treated as casual objects and you will get 2m relief with no penalty
                    Here is how the ace pot will work: Of the $3 buy in $2 will go to the Pot and $1 will go to the course to raise funds for tee pads. Oddly, like every other ace pot if you ace a hole, you get the pot (weird how that works). If multiple aces happens (which as I understand sometimes do) the pot will be evenly split between the winners. Unlike some other ace pots if you buy in to the ace pot and it’s not hit there will be a consolation ¾ of the pot for a CTP on a hole TBD by players choice. Holes 3 & 9 (204’ and 197’ respectively) are aceable by most everyone with a little luck or great aim. In Fact most of the Front 9 is aceable by the more skilled players because except for hole 7 they are all 300’ feet or less. The back 9 is a little more of an unknown as we don’t have the distances measured yet but I would suspect that a couple of them are definitely are aceable. The front 9 will be played in the long format.
                    in addition to the Ace pot There will also be some other contests and CTP’s that you don’t have to buy in for. We are still working those details out as to exactly what they are going to be.
                    There is also going to be a softball tournament going on at the same time but they should not interfere with disc golf as the fields are in a different part of the park but parking may be tight.
                    Our official statement about alcohol in the park is, Pendleton ordinances prohibit consumption of alcohol in city parks…
                    Throw What You Know.
                    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                    PDGA# 45989

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      snakes i don't care for snakes to much. I seen one at Two Rivers yesterday when I lost my Valkyrie. I let him keep it for the night. Going back with my boots today !!
                      PDGA # 52916
                      CRDGC
                      TCDGC
                      FWWDGC
                      PDGC

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                        Although I have not heard any but there also may be some rattlers’ out there (and I’m not talking about the disc) All Snakes are treated as casual objects and you will get 2m relief with no penalty

                        Our official statement about alcohol in the park is, Pendleton ordinances prohibit consumption of alcohol in city parks…

                        Just to be a pest but casual relief is typically up to 5m no closer to the lie. I think it is outlined in 803.05 C.....

                        Yippe skippeee on the drinking...since I am not a drinker.
                        Thanks Rudy for the information

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by 3 Fingers View Post
                          snakes i don't care for snakes to much. I seen one at Two Rivers yesterday when I lost my Valkyrie. I let him keep it for the night. Going back with my boots today !!
                          Expect a good snake population this year thanks to the mild winter and an expectant record population of grasshoppers.
                          At two-rivers I would let the snake borrow my disc as well since that is and always will be Rattler country. My first rattler was from Finley...the crazy crap i did as a kid...how the hell am I alive.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Cerrgurry View Post
                            Expect a good snake population this year thanks to the mild winter and an expectant record population of grasshoppers.
                            At two-rivers I would let the snake borrow my disc as well since that is and always will be Rattler country. My first rattler was from Finley...the crazy crap i did as a kid...how the hell am I alive.
                            =========================== === ================================================== ================================================== ================================================== ============== Snakes, grasshoppers, wind, or rain.It doesnt matter I will be there to support Pendleton DG, and all the hard work Ulhman put in See Ya on the 3rd P.S If you hear someone running and screaming like a little girl, its just me !!!
                            Last edited by Scott; June 18th, 2010, 10:22 AM. Reason: couldnt get space between the quote ???
                            PDGA # 52916
                            CRDGC
                            TCDGC
                            FWWDGC
                            PDGC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Is there going to be any divisional or skill level pairing? I would hate some good player to get me.

                              Any chance of having your local disc dealer pack some inventory up and have a booth? If they are not interested...I may be interested




                              Dont worry 3-fingers if we encounter any big bad bull snakes I will be sure to laugh at you.....I mean....point them out so you see them...I mean I will make sure neither of you are harmed...specially the snake.

                              Wonder if I can rig the partner system and end up with David?

                              Comment

                              Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X