Pendleton Community Park Rotary Disc Golf Course Dedication: Noon, August 29th, 2009 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pendleton Community Park Rotary Disc Golf Course Dedication: Noon, August 29th, 2009

Come one, Come all!!!
    Course Tours
    Free Food prepared by the Main street Cowboys
    Free Beverages Provided by Coke
    Games and Prizes
    Promotional Frisbee for the first 500 people. (Non-disc golf but still collectable)
    If it's one thing we know how to do in Pendleton is throw a party so come on down and see our course.

• JMan
    replied
    When are there going to be some pic for us to see????

Leave a comment:

• DoubleDees
    replied
    Originally posted by PARR View Post
    Edd, What do u think of 2-rivers? As in the lay-out of the holes. Do you want to disign a course? I still want to continue with puting a course in Richland. I have collected 3 baskets and $350.00 so far. Your help would go a long way to get other locals involved. I also have an extensive collection of first-run and old collector discs i would be willing to raffle or sell/trade 4 baskets. Brian Cook and Travis have helped lay out the course design but nothing is set in stone. I was thinking of letting anyone that donates a basket design a hole of their own. If u are not busy call me (509)302-0245. A Basket fund acepot or event would help.

the two rivers layout isnt bad for each hole. when played as a course the baskets sit to close to "landing zones" of other holes. I dont feel the land was utilized properly but i dont dislike any of the holes just the overall layout is way tight. most people dont understand the flow of disc golf and cant see where errant shots are going to end up.

Leave a comment:

• PARR
    replied
    Edd, What do u think of 2-rivers? As in the lay-out of the holes. Do you want to disign a course? I still want to continue with puting a course in Richland. I have collected 3 baskets and $350.00 so far. Your help would go a long way to get other locals involved. I also have an extensive collection of first-run and old collector discs i would be willing to raffle or sell/trade 4 baskets. Brian Cook and Travis have helped lay out the course design but nothing is set in stone. I was thinking of letting anyone that donates a basket design a hole of their own. If u are not busy call me (509)302-0245. A Basket fund acepot or event would help.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleDees
    replied
    Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
    We at the Pendleton Disc Golf Assoc. Would like to thank everyone from the Tri-Cities and Walla Walla for comming down to our event. I know I had a great time. Hope you did too.
    Those of us from the tri-cities that made it down all had a great time! The pizza at New York Richies was perfect as we stopped by on our way home!!! If your club needs plastic to sell Im sure we could get you guys started with something. Give me a call at 5096287282 if your ever in the tri-cities or if you guys are doing any kind of events!!

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    We at the Pendleton Disc Golf Assoc. Would like to thank everyone from the Tri-Cities and Walla Walla for comming down to our event. I know I had a great time. Hope you did too.

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    That would be one hell of a squirell.
    Yeah...

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I had a chuckle at that too.
    You know one of them new fangled ones.
    That would be one hell of a squirell.

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    But squirell traps? Really?
    I had a chuckle at that too.
    You know one of them new fangled ones.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    I Have had a lot of peole ask me what are "Thoes Things." when I tell them they are like "Oh, I've Heard of that."
    Sure, I've heard that a lot, too. Especially when a new course is added to an existing park.

But squirell traps? Really?

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    "To the unfamiliar eye the tangle of wire and chain sitting on a pole might look like some kind of squirrel or bird trap, or maybe a new art installment commenting on the futility of modern life."

uhhh, what?

I Have had a lot of peole ask me what are "Thoes Things." when I tell them they are like "Oh, I've Heard of that."

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    "To the unfamiliar eye the tangle of wire and chain sitting on a pole might look like some kind of squirrel or bird trap, or maybe a new art installment commenting on the futility of modern life."

uhhh, what?

Leave a comment:

• Uhlman
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Newspaper article: http://eastoregonian.com/main.asp?Se...35&TM=59026.41

"...we even ran into a man that had lost five discs to the fast moving current since the course went in three weeks ago."

Uhlman?
    Yes that me Three Valks, An Aero and a Panther
    I've gotten better though the last one I lost was on Hole 6
    Last edited by Uhlman; August 26th, 2009, 09:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Newspaper article: http://eastoregonian.com/main.asp?Se...35&TM=59026.41

"...we even ran into a man that had lost five discs to the fast moving current since the course went in three weeks ago."

Uhlman?

Leave a comment:

• DoubleDees
    replied
    Starts at Noon.
    Random doubles, No
    This Saturday is more family orientated rather than a competition.
    There will be a hole in one contest and a putting contest for prizes with both adult and kids divisions.
    Regardless it will be a good time.
    So come on down if you are able.
    atleast one car load from the tri-citites will make it down to support disc golf in pendleton. more than likely 2 or 3 carloads will make it. i wish i could make it to the lava launch but paying fines to get my drivers license back is more important i guess...

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X