X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hole #3

This is a place to talk about hole #3 and how down right evil it can be. I personally have already lost Four discs to that infernal creek. I tried to find my discs using a mask and snorkel but unfortunately, the current was too strong to allow me to stay in place for long.
    Last edited by Uhlman; August 26th, 2009, 10:26 AM. Reason: Updated the amount of discs lost
    Throw What You Know.
    "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
    PDGA# 45989

I think you may be the only one here who plays this course.

But what don't you like about the hole, other than the creek? Is it unfair, or just hard?

Comment

Help Me

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      I think you may be the only one here who plays this course.

But what don't you like about the hole, other than the creek? Is it unfair, or just hard?
      The hole is not hard or unfair... Jut psychological. I can easily drive distance across the creek (when not faced with the creek) Holes 4 and 8 also cross the creek and are roughly the same distance over the creek and I have no problems on them. It’s just every time I have a go at hole 3 it psyches me out. If any one can help me figure out why this hole does this to me please let me know. I will post a picture of it once I have one.

For you Guys who Drive 300’ plus I wouldn't expect you to understand. I only drive about 150’ which is sufficient to get to the other side.
      Last edited by Uhlman; August 10th, 2009, 02:16 PM. Reason: added info
      Throw What You Know.
      PDGA# 45989

Comment

I'll be hitting this course up this weekend. Wedding at the country club, then golf at Community Park. Should be good times.
        Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

A big thanks to Rudy Uhlman for showing me around the course. A bit confusing at first, but nice flow after it was explained. Thanks, again Rudy. Susan and I had a great time playing a round with you!
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            A big thanks to Rudy Uhlman for showing me around the course. A bit confusing at first, but nice flow after it was explained. Thanks, again Rudy. Susan and I had a great time playing a round with you!
            Yeah no problem. Any time.
            Throw What You Know.
            PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
              Yeah no problem. Any time.
              im up in kennewick and am waiting for a free day/weekend to come play the course. How long ago did baskets get dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                im up in kennewick and am waiting for a free day/weekend to come play the course. How long ago did baskets get dropped?
                about two weeks ago, if i remember correctly. PM me if you would like a guide.
                Throw What You Know.
                PDGA# 45989

Comment

As my game improves, hole three is quickly becoming one of my favorites. It’s making me become a better player. The last two time I have played it I have come with in 50 feet of the pin, granted I am starting forward of the tee box, however, doing that has built my confidence that I can make it over that infernal creek. Any one else have a story like this, one where a certain hole has made you improve your game?
                  Throw What You Know.
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

Originally posted by Uhlman View Post
                    As my game improves, hole three is quickly becoming one of my favorites. Itís making me become a better player. The last two time I have played it I have come with in 50 feet of the pin, granted I am starting forward of the tee box, however, doing that has built my confidence that I can make it over that infernal creek. Any one else have a story like this, one where a certain hole has made you improve your game?
                    There are probably dozens, but the first one that leaps to mind is #14 at Pier Park. It forced me to have confidence and accuracy to hit a really tight window right off the teepad.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      There are probably dozens, but the first one that leaps to mind is #14 at Pier Park. It forced me to have confidence and accuracy to hit a really tight window right off the teepad.
                      Screw the tight window; I throw an anhyzer off to the left.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                        But you learned to throw the anny because of that hole, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                          Right, and you NEVER hit a tree going that way....

Neither do I , and I crush the hyzer up the right side!
                          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X