X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COCC is closed (re-opened 10/7/08)

Just a note that COCC has CLOSED the course due to fire danger......

They may or may not open it back up in October.
    Issues with continued Smoking, Drinking & Dogs off leash (All violations of school rules) are causing COCC to possibly PULL THE COURSE permanently.

The Baskets have been pulled and the course is closed until further notice.

Wow... so is there anywhere for you guys to play other than Sisters and the mountain?

Course closures suck!
    “I believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know — Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, that’s in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, I’ll know I’m a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? I’m not sure, but it’s possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.”
    ~Annika Sörenstam

Comment

http://kohd.com/news/local/35825

08/13/08

The disc golf course at Central Oregon Community College is closed temporarily but could close for good. COCC says the immediate closure is due to the high fire danger in the region. It's the first time COCC has closed the disc golf course since it opened in 2001. The course is located on the COCC campus in Bend in a dry wooded area on the west side of the campus.

College officials say there is a serious problem with smoking, drinking and littering on the course. “At this point, our intent is to reopen the course once the fire danger has come down,” said Alicia Moore, dean of student and enrollment services at COCC. “However, when we reopen the course, we will be monitoring closely and are asking all participants to follow college rules related to not smoking, drinking and littering,” she said. “All are against our policies and we will be forced to close the course permanently if the situation does not improve.”

If there is no change in behavior at the course, COCC says it may close it for good.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

COCC Course to Re-Open Oct 7th

The COCC course is set to re-open today Oct 7th.

There will be STRICT monitoring of the situation on site by the REBELS and others (Pine Mountain Sports)
        PLEASE remember that this couse is on SCHOOL PROPERTY and the is NO DRINKING, NO SMOKING and NO DOGS allowed at any time.

Continued violations of these rules will cause the course to be pulled permanently.

Comment

So...is this course still open?

Comment

Course Open

The COCC course has opened again. There is a new first tee, it starts down north west of the library.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X