X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orenco Woods in Hillsboro

Looks like they are taking input from the public with ideas on what to do with the old ball golf course in Hillsboro, sounds too perfect for a potential disc golf course. Flyer says they are having a meeting on Sept 19th from 5-7.

http://www.ci.hillsboro.or.us/ParksR...WoodsFlyer.pdf

they've nixed this idea for this land already... but it certainly wouldn't hurt to let them know again that it's perfect for a golf course!
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

wow that looks absolutely perfect for a disc golf course.

Comment

They may not want to put a disc golf course here but we should show up and let them know we need another disc golf course in Hillsboro. Orchards Park has become so popular that they need to redesign it for safety reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by discdog View Post
          Orchards Park has become so popular that they need to redesign it for safety reasons.
          Orchard Park is currently going through a redesign. The new layout seriously addresses concerns with shared fairways and conflicts with other park users. Collars for the new basket locations are going in the ground today. Teepads will be put in during the work party on September 29th.

Comment

Very cool, can't wait to see the finished design.
            The Frisbee is the mirror to the soul.

-M. Burns

Comment

The new design is complete. They've taken an already very short course and made it shorter. But they've done the best they could with the limited space they have there.

It's time for another disc golf course in Hillsboro: www.discspindoctor.org

Comment

It would have been nice if we could have seen the redesign proposals at Orchard posted on the forum. I should have asked awhile back or I missed it. Anyway, I don't think there were too many options. The new and hopefully permanent practice basket is something I was asking for since the very beginning. Thanks Kevin ?!??!?! Thanks JAY LYONS and for his original work with the parks people. Are you still out there and get your A** back into the mix. You are missed.
                Not sure how this thread got involved with Orenco...sorry

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by spindoctor View Post
                  The new design is complete. They've taken an already very short course and made it shorter. But they've done the best they could with the limited space they have there.

It's time for another disc golf course in Hillsboro: www.discspindoctor.org
                  False. The new design at Orchard is not complete. There are more plans in the future.

Comment

Scott, thanks for carrying the torch and moving forward with the park

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      False. The new design at Orchard is not complete. There are more plans in the future.
                      Excellent news!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                      Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X