Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Opening - Blue Lake Park

Well folks...

This is it. The grand opening for the disc golf course at Blue Lake Park is tomorrow at 11:00am.

If possible, come on out and join us as we cut the ribbon and open the course up for play. If you can't make it tomorrow, come on by when you can and enjoy the fruit of many, many hours of hard work.

On behalf of Stumptown Disc Golf and Next Adventure, I would like to thank the following people for hours and hours of hard work and dedication to this project. Without their help this would have been an almost impossible task.

Tyler Christensen
    Carl Thorne
    Kevin Mykelz
    Murray Prictor
    Josh Dearing
    Jeremy Fancher
    Bryan Knudsen

A lot of people have showed up to our work parties and I am very thankful for that, but these guys went above and beyond the call of duty. Hopefully, every time they walk into Blue Lake Park they feel the sense of pride they deserve for helping to make it happen.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Congratulations to Stumptown, Portland Metro, and all the volunteers who worked to install this course! You guys are a great example of what a club can do and have been killing it with the course installation the last few years. I hope to play Blue Lake sometime soon!

Comment

What's the parking situation? Should people use the main lots on the west side of the road, $5 per car?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Yes, there is a section of parking inside the park, just across the crosswalk from hole 1 where disc golfers will be parking. Yes, it will be $5 per car for parking, but an annual pass will be available soon.
        "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

pass

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Yes, there is a section of parking inside the park, just across the crosswalk from hole 1 where disc golfers will be parking. Yes, it will be $5 per car for parking, but an annual pass will be available soon.
          I believe you can buy them now here
          http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=160

and do we have an updated course map link Jeff?

Comment

Originally posted by Fancher_503 View Post
            I believe you can buy them now here
            http://www.oregonmetro.gov/index.cfm/go/by.web/id=160

and do we have an updated course map link Jeff?
            Thanks Jeremy.

I'll try to get a current course map uploaded tonight when I get home. Probably won't be until pretty late though. I've got a few baskets to assemble

Comment

Annual passes are $40 for the first car, and $10 for additional vehicles (no more than two additional) in the same household.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                Annual passes are $40 for the first car, and $10 for additional vehicles (no more than two additional) in the same household.
                I emailed metro this morning, and a pass purchased today is only good until 12/31/12 fyi.

Cindy
                Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                Stumptown #176
                PDGA #37716

Comment

AWESOME!

I was out there this weekend and it was looking awesome. Can't wait to see the course map and to play my first round there! Anyone guess how long your average round is going to take there?

Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who put in the time and effort to make this happen. Keep us posted on work parties and keep coming out to work parties (by the way... these guys mean business. If you show up late they might be done with that days tasks! I found that one out the hard way)
                  FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

I am starting my vacation tomorrow, might have to make the trek back from centralia to play the course. Thanks to all of the volunteers, havent had a lot of free time with the new baby. What is the course par?
                    Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                    Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Par

I've heard everything from 69 to 84. When Jeff was looking at the signs Saturday I think he said 72.
                      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                        I've heard everything from 69 to 84. When Jeff was looking at the signs Saturday I think he said 72.
                        I'm pretty sure its right around a par 69.

Jeff

Comment

can we go play today?

Comment

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
                            can we go play today?
                            Sure, just putt at those little sticks in the ground

Comment

maybe we will wait... we are so excited!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X