Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just adding one more disappointed voice to the stack: Stop playing what amounts to Russian Roulette with out beloved disc parks! "Everyone" is not doing it and all it takes is one memorable negative encounter and our newest park is gone.
    FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

• Those shitbirds were up north last year. It was that endangered species olydiscgolf. And I thought they were extinct, well at least their game!
      HA

Comment

• Played BL for the first time Sunday with Steve.
        My notes:
        No lost discs. Not even sure what all the hoopla was/is about... I wonder where people were throwing.....
        17 fair fairways (#17 needs a bit o something), fair OB for everyone (assuming all un-mown grass is OB).
        Played easier than Milo or Pier or Trojan.
        #1 and #18 are more par 3 than 4.
        There is that one dangerous hole/teepad area (# escapes me). MUST have something done... we were almost hit while on the pad and Steve had put his hand up two days before to save someone from a hard shot to the head- our errant thrower said "I didn't know anyone was over there. I was wondering why someone was yelling fore."
        Nice tee pads- looking forward to the additional ramping in back of pads.
        Did I mention I thought all the OB was more than fair? If a tourney uses string to make all current tall grass OB, then placement, with distance, becomes a crucial factor. Plenty wide enough to throw rollers almost anywhere.
        Fun, not as hard as I'd heard, easy to find your discs, long for sure, great use of mundane topography.
        If playing the weekend this Summer, be in the parking lot by 10am or expect a wait.
        The course was full even then, but the flow was fine.
        ...only birdied two holes. shot six over.
        I expect to be able to (as a 910-ish rated player) shoot even par within my first 5 casual rounds there (NOT using the imagined tourney OB lines).
        WITH the tourney OB lines (as I imagine from the fairways cut and what I think I've been told) then Blue Lake in event configuration will be a challenge.
        I think it's most likely one of the 4 best courses in the area, maybe top 3.
        THANK YOU TO ALL WHO MADE THIS GREAT NEW COURSE POSSIBLE. THOUSANDS OF DISC GOLFERS WILL BENEFIT FROM YOUR EFFORTS.
        ... all that and still only 2c...
        Last edited by Wes Hansen; August 27th, 2012, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
          Oh, you must be talking about the idiot who calls himself "Rage" who carved his name into the teepad. Well, at least we do know he is a Rockwood local. Hopefully, someone can "talk" some sense into the fool.

Well folks, we tried to erase the names of every moron who wrote their name in the concrete, but it felt like they were adding them faster than we could erase them. We fought hard to get those bad pads replaced and this is what people do. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointing it was to see fellow disc golfers vandalizing the course.
          Sounds like Pier Park all over again. When we re-poured and resurfaced several times because idiots couldn't keep their digits out of the concrete. Finally we had to camp out several people at each pad to make sure the pads would dry enough before we could leave the park.

Disappointed but not surprised by extended members of the disc golf community.
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X