X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
    Hole 7 now has a fence in front of the pond. Talked to parks guys installing fence. Some jackass stripped down to his underwear and went in to get his plastic. We need to move the pin forward before the pond soon to avoid further struggles.
    I dont think the pin should be moved forward. As is, #7 may very well be Blue Lake's signature hole. Move it forward, and it loses a lot of that character. If the park doesn't want people going in to retrieve discs, they should put a sign in front of the water that says "do not enter: disc will be removed and returned."

Comment

Originally posted by fernhillphil View Post
      I dont think the pin should be moved forward. As is, #7 may very well be Blue Lake's signature hole. Move it forward, and it loses a lot of that character. If the park doesn't want people going in to retrieve discs, they should put a sign in front of the water that says "do not enter: disc will be removed and returned."
      Hmm,
      That sounds like a good idea, but unrealistic. IMHO, every course with water has stories of disc collectors reselling and not returning. That guy who throws his CE Eagle he's had for 10 years may still go after it, and apologize later. The only sure solution to lower the odds of lost plastic and neighborhood conflicts would be to use that hole as tournament only, and move it back, maybe to the left in a technical location. Still an amazing hole, still a signature hole. It would just be smart to not create conflict the 1st week Blue Lake opens up. If we don't continue partnering and compromising on the small things with Metro, we would be short sighted on the long term.
      PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Not too shabby for a first round at a new park. Didnt lose a disc and finished under par. I have a feeling thats going to be the exception to the rule going forward however. As I get more comfortable out there, more errant shots will come,, lol. As far as the course goes..... I love it. It reminds me a bit of trojan when in champion layout, and thats one of my favorites. No matter what, I will be playing and assisting in its further development going forward without a doubt. Thanks too all who brought this about.
        DiscGolf- The ONLY time to enjoy being negative(-)

Comment

Originally posted by jdinteg View Post
          Hmm,
          That sounds like a good idea, but unrealistic. IMHO, every course with water has stories of disc collectors reselling and not returning. That guy who throws his CE Eagle he's had for 10 years may still go after it, and apologize later. The only sure solution to lower the odds of lost plastic and neighborhood conflicts would be to use that hole as tournament only, and move it back, maybe to the left in a technical location. Still an amazing hole, still a signature hole. It would just be smart to not create conflict the 1st week Blue Lake opens up. If we don't continue partnering and compromising on the small things with Metro, we would be short sighted on the long term.
          What exactly is the problem with people going into the water to retrieve their discs? This had to have crossed the Park Management's minds before they ok'd the design. Is it because of this one guy who went in in his boxers? That probably won't be a regular occurance. No need to overreact to a water hazard and move the hole.

Played the course again today, I still love it. I am doing much better at avoiding the bad spots. 17 is still rediculous.

One concern is the gravel around the tee pads. It is getting on the concrete and making the pads kind of unsafe.

Comment

Originally posted by fernhillphil View Post
            What exactly is the problem with people going into the water to retrieve their discs? This had to have crossed the Park Management's minds before they ok'd the design. Is it because of this one guy who went in in his boxers? That probably won't be a regular occurance. No need to overreact to a water hazard and move the hole.

Played the course again today, I still love it. I am doing much better at avoiding the bad spots. 17 is still ridiculous.

One concern is the gravel around the tee pads. It is getting on the concrete and making the pads kind of unsafe.
            They built a fence around the pond on day #3, that tells you their reaction pretty clearly to: "probably won't be a regular occurance"

I fully agree 17 seems ridiculous, but that is another signature hole. I'm gonna take a little Hagerty advise next time on that hole and see if it works for me.

Several tee pads are turning to dust on the surface, they will be re-pouring those pads soon. I do like the gravel aprons around the pads, especially when it gets muddy this fall. I too have been sweeping the front of the pad with my feet before I throw. But I have never been to a course I didn't have to do that with, except maybe Lakewood with those expensive stamped concrete aprons they have.
            PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353
            OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Lost a glow wraith (chick flick stamp) and a glow sidewinder out there yesterday. Hole 15 I think. Name and number on both. Shot a 67.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Course was fun, thanks for all the hard work out there. The layout was a little wonky at spots and no numbers on the baskets, I just like a little piece of mind when I am throwing and can see 2 different baskets.
                "I’d rather have my worst day on the golf course, than my best day at work." -wiseman

"It never rains on the golf course"- Grandpa

Comment

Great track!

Sprayed a little and had to do some searching, successful recon each time. Did not score as I hoped but tied best for the group and learned where to place the drives next time. Nice layout and not too extreme distance-wise, as it has been said placement is king. Thanks all for the efforts to get this park in, now lets start working on Vancouver/Camas area .

Comment

Do they allow alcohol in the park?
                    I heard from a reputable source with friends who live in the community surrounding Blue Lake that residents are already talking about the alcohol use on the course.

Do they provide trash cans on the course or is it pack it in pack it out?
                    PDGA #25296
                    Stumptown #34

Comment

No alcohol is allowed on the course.
                      I talked to two park employees on Sunday who were out picking up beer bottles (and other trash). They told me that garbage can are on the way, but they didn't know when.

Comment

Don’t mess this up!

If there’s no alcohol allowed RESPECT the rules! And for F-sakes if you are going to break the rules, leave no trace and be discreet! Leaving beer bottles on ANY disc golf course is UNACCEPTABLE! PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT!

I helped Ty Baker and PhilStomp remove the baskets at Columbia View and it was a sad thing to see those baskets cut down.

This is a course that will bring bigger and better tournaments (and more courses) to the area. The people who made this happen deserve better than D-Bags f-ing up what they worked so hard to make happen.

Nuff said!

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur Chomparelli View Post
                          Don’t mess this up!

If there’s no alcohol allowed RESPECT the rules! And for F-sakes if you are going to break the rules, leave no trace and be discreet! Leaving beer bottles on ANY disc golf course is UNACCEPTABLE! PACK IT IN PACK IT OUT!

I helped Ty Baker and PhilStomp remove the baskets at Columbia View and it was a sad thing to see those baskets cut down.

This is a course that will bring bigger and better tournaments (and more courses) to the area. The people who made this happen deserve better than D-Bags f-ing up what they worked so hard to make happen.

Nuff said!
                          Thank you Chompy. Its a shame that we need to come here to repeatedly try to teach some common sense to people, but it looks like we might need to do just that.

We have an opportunity to show these people that we can be a great addition to the neighborhood. If we want to see this awesome course stay in the ground, we need to follow the rules. We need to be especially considerate of the homeowners in the neighborhood because their impressions of us are very important. We are guests at Blue Lake and we need to conduct ourselves as such.

The people who didn't take the homeowners at Columbia Park seriously have paid the price for that mistake. I hope the disc golf community does a better job at Blue Lake or we'll have the same result.
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                            Thank you Chompy. Its a shame that we need to come here to repeatedly try to teach some common sense to people, but it looks like we might need to do just that.

We have an opportunity to show these people that we can be a great addition to the neighborhood. If we want to see this awesome course stay in the ground, we need to follow the rules. We need to be especially considerate of the homeowners in the neighborhood because their impressions of us are very important. We are guests at Blue Lake and we need to conduct ourselves as such.

The people who didn't take the homeowners at Columbia Park seriously have paid the price for that mistake. I hope the disc golf community does a better job at Blue Lake or we'll have the same result.

Because no matter how much we "the forum" discers bytch and moan on here about the bottles and cans and trash in gen. it is not being left by us.....maybe if Metro places a sign on the kiosk with the cost of the fines for violating the rules.
                            NONE of these frikken idiots will pay attention maybe just have the Sheriff show up a few times over the rest of summer on the weekends and pad the coffers with the idiots that refuse to obey the rules.
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

The problem is likely players not reading here. Signs are not likely to be read in opinion. When you go to Pier a good example is the number of people who played the original 3 & 4 while the winter layout was being used. Even with signs and such they still were determined to play the holes.

I honestly don't have a good answer on how to educate the idiots. Most will not value a course enough until it is gone.
                              "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Originally posted by NWDiscer View Post
                                NONE of these frikken idiots will pay attention maybe just have the Sheriff show up a few times over the rest of summer on the weekends and pad the coffers with the idiots that refuse to obey the rules.
                                I absolutely agree. I am no fan of police but showing the public that we want to enforce the rules of the park may be a smart political move for the future.
                                "Love is not primarily a relationship to a specific person. Love is an attitude, an ordination of character which determines the relatedness of the person to the whole world as a whole, not toward one object of love.”

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X