X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parking pass?

I have the 2 year parking pass (for McIver, Dabney..) will that work? or do they have one just for Blue Lake?

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
      I have the 2 year parking pass (for McIver, Dabney..) will that work? or do they have one just for Blue Lake?
      That's a State Park day use pass. Blue Lake is not a State park. I believe you want to visit Metro's website, and read the rest of this and the other Blue Lake thread for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by juda4936 View Post
        No Blue Lake is a regional park, and not a state park.
        Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
        2013 Chick Flick co-TD
        Stumptown #176
        PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
          Is it OK to park at the nearby Lake House? Is that a valid way to avoid the parking fee? Are there other places to park for free? Or must we park in the pay lot?

How strict is the No Pets policy? I was just at Lowe's last night. The sign on the door says "Service Animals Only," but I asked an employee, and he said I could bring Bailey into the store. I did, she was great, and made a lot of friends.

This article would suggest it is QUITE strict. It appears the policy is in place primarily to protect wildlife. I can understand that: the last squirrel Bailey got her chompers on lived only about 12 seconds.

Keeping dogs on a leash would seem to solve that problem, though. The article says they tried a leash rule, but people did not abide by it. And they did not pick up their dogs' crap. Sounds like age old scenario of a few douchebags ruining things for everyone else.

Any informed answers to these parking- and pet-related questions will be greatly appreciated.
          I understand where you're coming from, but I would argue that since Metro just spent tens of thousands of dollars on this course for us that we support that effort by simply paying the $5.00 or by buying the annual pass for $40. If they immediately see a benefit from this project then the chances of us getting a chance to do this again somewhere will be that much better.

No pets. None. Please don't bring them. The last thing we want at this point is people ignoring the rules. Hopefully people will respect this park and its rules. If we do that... then we won't end up with another Columbia View situation

Jeff
          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

I went out today to the opening and cant believe I have a course about one mile from work and 3 miles from home. I would like to thank Jeff Hagerty,Stumptown, David Munk,Keen shoes and Next Adventure for all there hard work at getting this done. I would also like to thank Metro parks and all the people who were invold from Multnomah county,City of Fairview and the city of Gresham.

We must help prove to the county that we support what they have done for us. paying $5 will be a stepping stone to growing this course and getting more funding for the course. This is what help us build courses in the state parks in Oregon by paying the fee and coming out year around. I know that I will be more than happy to pay to play at a great course made by great people. I support the rule leave your dogs at home disc golfers dont belive in using a leash. I know there are a few who do use a leash but come on there are way to many who dont.

Thank you people very much.

P.S. Please dont burn Jeff Hagerty out he still has more work to do.
            X - Man

Comment

Haters are gonna hate but I thought this course was pure gold. It was brutal and challenging but we fought as hard as we could and managed to shave off a few strokes here and there. Some hole length and tall grass searching was mentally+physically straining. I think that this course will make everyone who frequents it a stronger and smarter golfer. Cant wait to see it evolve over the years. THANK YOU Jeff and everyone else who helped put this together. What a great milestone for Oregon DiscGolf.

Comment

course was really hard. i got sunburned pretty bad. had to look for at least 20 discs. got cut up by blackberries. HAD AN AWESOME TIME. awesome course lol

Comment

So, how rough is this course, exactly? I'm hearing lots of reports already on lost discs, tall grass, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                    So, how rough is this course, exactly? I'm hearing lots of reports already on lost discs, tall grass, etc...
                    Keep it between the lines and you'll be fine. Don't... and ya won't.
                    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

The course is not rough, the rough is rough though! Lost 5-discs today. Learned on 5-holes how to throw my lines correctly next time. Still not sure the best technique on hole 17 yet. That hole is challenging.
                      PDGA# 49616
                      Stumptown# 353
                      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                        Keep it between the lines and you'll be fine. Don't... and ya won't.
                        It also helps to have a guide with you Good playing with you today Jeff, the discmosis definitely helped my round. Our group of four only lost one disc, Jeffs teerex looked like it barely entered the grass on the pump hole and we looked and looked to no avail
                        Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                        Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Darr View Post
                          It also helps to have a guide with you Good playing with you today Jeff, the discmosis definitely helped my round. Our group of four only lost one disc, Jeffs teerex looked like it barely entered the grass on the pump hole and we looked and looked to no avail
                          I went back and played an evening round with Gawain, Jordan, and James. What a frickin awesome foursome.

Anyway yay this course is brutal if you don't stay on the fairway. It will literally tear you up, and we have the blackberry scratches to prove it. Our group of four lost four discs, but we fournd 3 or 4 other discs while looking for ours.

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

scores???
                            "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

+8 with 2 birdies on holes 4 & 5. 8 bogeys and 1 double ouch

Comment

I shot a +2 with no lost discs. Yay!!
                                Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X