X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spectralmonkey View Post
    maybe we will wait... we are so excited!
    Do you have any photos?

Comment

PDGA# 49616
      Stumptown# 353
      OTDG: Young Guns - SAT

Comment

PDGA# 49616
        Stumptown# 353

Comment

PDGA# 49616
          Stumptown# 353

Comment

PDGA# 49616
            Stumptown# 353

Comment

PDGA# 49616
              Stumptown# 353

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                I'm pretty sure its right around a par 69.

Jeff
                Well, You would certainly know. That's going to be one tough Par to make! I plan on leaving work at SE Powell at 5pm and playing till I'm done or till the sunsets. Anyone else heading out around that time?
                FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

BTW no dogs & no alcohol allowed in Blue Lake Park including the disc golf course.
                  Last edited by LegoRules; August 17th, 2012, 06:10 AM.
                  Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                  2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                  Stumptown #176
                  PDGA #37716

Comment

Is it OK to park at the nearby Lake House? Is that a valid way to avoid the parking fee? Are there other places to park for free? Or must we park in the pay lot?

How strict is the No Pets policy? I was just at Lowe's last night. The sign on the door says "Service Animals Only," but I asked an employee, and he said I could bring Bailey into the store. I did, she was great, and made a lot of friends.

This article would suggest it is QUITE strict. It appears the policy is in place primarily to protect wildlife. I can understand that: the last squirrel Bailey got her chompers on lived only about 12 seconds.

Keeping dogs on a leash would seem to solve that problem, though. The article says they tried a leash rule, but people did not abide by it. And they did not pick up their dogs' crap. Sounds like age old scenario of a few douchebags ruining things for everyone else.

Any informed answers to these parking- and pet-related questions will be greatly appreciated.
                    Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                    Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                    Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                    Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                    Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Looks pretty cut and dry to me: No dogs.

About avoiding $5: We're talking about the premium course on the west coast maybe the United States, and one of the best in the world! Here, in our own backyard (or just over the river and through the woods); or at least it will be soon. Without those fees we're not going to get there though and without an increase in those fees we're likely to lose what sounds like amazing public park support. Carpool if it's an issue but if you're using this facility, pay something for it.

Playing late night, ignoring dog rules, drinking onsite, trash, destroying environment/habitat, smoking... all things that could easily ruin this amazing opportunity. There are parks to take your dog (and I've met Bailey and she's one of the better ones), there are free parks, there are parks where it is ok to drink, there are private courses to indulge in other behaviors, but if a public park is posting rules and making requests of us to use their space we have to abide by their wishes.
                      FORE! Youth 2011 http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournam...RE_Youth_2011/

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        Is it OK to park at the nearby Lake House? Is that a valid way to avoid the parking fee? Are there other places to park for free? Or must we park in the pay lot?

Comment

Wow. A HUGE thanks to Stumptown disc golf and all who were involved. Somebody please post as many pics of the fairways and holes as possible when you get the chance. We need to show the city of Eugene what a real course can look like when the entire community gets behind it. We've got some good things on the horizon down here and this looks like a wonderful model of community involvement and course planning.

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!
                          May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

How strict is the No Pets policy? I was just at Lowe's last night. The sign on the door says "Service Animals Only," but I asked an employee, and he said I could bring Bailey into the store. I did, she was great, and made a lot of friends.

This article would suggest it is QUITE strict. It appears the policy is in place primarily to protect wildlife. I can understand that: the last squirrel Bailey got her chompers on lived only about 12 seconds.

Keeping dogs on a leash would seem to solve that problem, though. The article says they tried a leash rule, but people did not abide by it. And they did not pick up their dogs' crap. Sounds like age old scenario of a few douchebags ruining things for everyone else.

Any informed answers to these parking- and pet-related questions will be greatly appreciated.
                            Gawain I specifically asked the park officials that were there those two questions. No to dogs on leash or off leash definitely no dogs at all.

You can not park at the Lake House. That parking area is only for special events. If you are driving to Blue Lake the only option is to pay the day fee, or purchase an annual pass.

Well worth it though this course is rad!!

Cindy
                            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                            Stumptown #176
                            PDGA #37716

Comment

Originally posted by Rakoz View Post
                              Looks pretty cut and dry to me: No dogs.

About avoiding $5: We're talking about the premium course on the west coast maybe the United States, and one of the best in the world! Here, in our own backyard (or just over the river and through the woods); or at least it will be soon. Without those fees we're not going to get there though and without an increase in those fees we're likely to lose what sounds like amazing public park support. Carpool if it's an issue but if you're using this facility, pay something for it.

Playing late night, ignoring dog rules, drinking onsite, trash, destroying environment/habitat, smoking... all things that could easily ruin this amazing opportunity. There are parks to take your dog (and I've met Bailey and she's one of the better ones), there are free parks, there are parks where it is ok to drink, there are private courses to indulge in other behaviors, but if a public park is posting rules and making requests of us to use their space we have to abide by their wishes.

Just worth reposting!
                              Bob

Comment

Originally posted by LegoRules View Post
                                Gawain I specifically asked the park officials that were there those two questions. No to dogs on leash or off leash definitely no dogs at all.

You can not park at the Lake House. That parking area is only for special events. If you are driving to Blue Lake the only option is to pay the day fee, or purchase an annual pass.

Well worth it though this course is rad!!

Cindy
                                $5 a day, for all the people in a car, for as many rounds as you want, on a brand new and apparently awesome course brought to us by a strong partnership bewteen Stumptown and the biggest land managing agency in the Portland area.......uh yeah, I think we should pay the $5. And leave our dogs and alcohol at home...and follow the rest of the park rules.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X